92 Accord LX with a LT1 350...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tgdrums1990 View Post
    I had too options. one was to keep the engine farther forward to retain heat and leave the firewall alone. But since I was using the trans am craddel and didnt wanna have to cut and relocate the lower control arms further back on the craddel I opted to just shove the engine as far back as needed to keep the front wheels centerd in the fender wells. Sacrafice to get this done faster. And besides. Race Cars dnt need heat lol...
    And your car will handle better for this decision, because of the improved weight distribution!

... is there room to lower it, too?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      And your car will handle better for this decision, because of the improved weight distribution!

... is there room to lower it, too?
      Yes it will. As for the stance... its hard to tell. I honestly am not worried about the stance too much long as its not complete 4x4 stance. If theres any ground clearance issues im gonna have its prolly gonna be exaughst related.
      My System
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

I was asking about lowering the engine, while on the topic of engine placement. Kinda amounts to the same thing though; no one wants that truck stance. Your comment on mounting the engine further back just reminded me of the C6 Vette Z06; they moved the engine back and lowered it in the bay compared to the base model.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Whew once again. Busy as shit. But between grabbing life by the horns I was able with the help of some awesome friends to make a lil more progress. One side if tacked in and ready to support the engine. The drivers side still needs completed...

My System

Comment

Please tell me that you will fill in the missing panels. This does not look like it will hold the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
              Please tell me that you will fill in the missing panels. This does not look like it will hold the motor.
              Of course omni. Were getting things tacked into place and making sure the fit is right. Once both sides are tacked and all the suspension bolts in as it should. It gets trailerd toy buddy's shop where the finish work takes place.

The miller 110 welder were using at my garage will do just fine to temp hold things so it can roll on all 4 wheels again so we can move the car to get it to my buddies shop where we can finish plating and weldin with the big boy tools.
              My System

Comment

almostJDM officially bailed on his RWD RB25DET project... so you are now our only hope!

Given the rate of your progress, I expect you'll have this done (more or less) in a few short months.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  almostJDM officially bailed on his RWD RB25DET project... so you are now our only hope!

Given the rate of your progress, I expect you'll have this done (more or less) in a few short months.
                  Thanks deev. I'm hoping so. Hearing about jdms bail was saddening. But I completly understand his reason. I'm hoping my car will be one thing. Scary. The fun kinda scary haha
                  My System

Comment

Wow, sir. You are determined! We are determined right along with you!

I love how you still have the wiper fluid reservior attached at this point .
                    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Update

Pics soon to come. But shes officially sitting on the frnt tires engine and all...
                      My System

Comment

Originally posted by tgdrums1990 View Post
                        Pics soon to come. But shes officially sitting on the frnt tires engine and all...
                        Very interesting build you got going on. Can't wait to see the updated pictures.
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Pics

Well heres thos pics I promised. Been busy. Hooing ill get to touch it again the weekend after next. More to come fellas

My System

Comment

Interesting.
                            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Are you going to work on engine mounts and fabricating the engine bay back together next, move onto the transmission housing, or the rear?
                              *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                              ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                              ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                              "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                              The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                              Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                                Are you going to work on engine mounts and fabricating the engine bay back together next, move onto the transmission housing, or the rear?
                                Gonna work on the trans tunnel and work our way back. But there is no real plan. Kinda like building a sub box measuring and cutting one side at a time vs. Precuttin all ur panels and then assembly. Once everything is fitted in and held in by some weld it gets relocated to my buddies shop where we have the proper metal fab tools to finish up all the metal work. Use be surprised how far a small welder and saw zaw will get u tho.
                                My System

Comment

Working...
                                X