X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tcu retrofit

The car is a 90
    has anyone done a cd5 or prelude tcu

Reason i ask is the transmissions fit and are pretty much the same, im pretty sure the cd5 has a better shift pattern, since the cb can be a pain in the ass

Btw ive:
    adjusted kickdown
    Calibrated tps
    Cleaned /checked solenoids

On a cold morning i get code 4 for ect and 14 linear psi
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Actually I remember that someone said a 94 tcu from an EX will plug directly in and function. Might not be that exact year/model but supposedly SOME do work.

Comment

Ive heard that also, the problem is the car is a 90 which has a sports button and uses the S light for diagnostics
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

I used a p12 and a TCU from a CD5 EX. On my auto CB7. The d4 light blinked but because the pin outs are different between the two. obviously under my kick plate it rattled but Im sure you can rig some thing to quiet it down.
        Honestly I think my combo shifted at WOT at around 6700 by itself.

Comment

Was there any noticeable increase in performance? I know the P12 is a 10hp increase that is noticeable in the low end, I know the TCU won't affect hp but was did the car seems to have the illusion of increase power?

Comment

Mine actually felt like it had more power when the tcu was broken and I had only 2nd and 4th gear.

3rd gear in this car is always a wonky weird gear , and it genuinely felt like it had more power and torque shifting from 2nd straight to 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
              Was there any noticeable increase in performance? I know the P12 is a 10hp increase that is noticeable in the low end, I know the TCU won't affect hp but was did the car seems to have the illusion of increase power?
              I replaced the ecu and tcu at the same time, so I thought that I had more power. What was most noticeable was the fact that the combo shifted by itself at redline each time. but they dont fit under the passenger kick panel
              Last edited by 8ball; 03-09-2014, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X