Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
    Long story short...
    Got sick of dealing with the shifter because they asked me to reinstall it again to take more pictures.
    On 6/4/18 I met someone who is now my fiance. So she's kept me pretty busy lol.
    Started doing some work to my Jeep that got pretty involved.
    Picked up a Neon that needed a lot of work.
    So I said the Honda can wait. Turns out I'm getting busier and busier.
    On my current to do list:
    Finish moving into our new house (lots of unpacking)
    Finish assembling the new rear axle for my Jeep.
    Install new front and rear axles in the Jeep
    Replace the Neon starter
    Clean all my guns that I just shot
    Install a security system in the new place
    Build a new rack for my snake terrariums so I can stack the tanks.
    Then modify the K-Tuned shifter myself to work.
    Fasten all the new electronics to the Honda
    Get it tuned
    And hopefully get it on the track this fall.

Not sure if those last three items are gonna happen though. I picked up new responsibilities at work and now trip season starts in the middle of July instead of late October. Great. Yucca AZ in August is gonna be miserable.

P.S. Falling in love takes up a lot of time and changes priorities you never thought would change.
    if I had the extra time I would liked to have met you both when I was out that way and see this long running project. I just didn't realise how expansive MI is plus the rain and snow sucked minus the Gilmore Car Museum.

I see more of the Jeep than your CB. btw did you have the motorcycle as well or did you wind up selling it?

Congrats man! I hear you on the life getting busy part. But glad to know youre working on it again!
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
      Whilst i was logged in i clicked on the dynamics data link in my sig. Started looking through the data and realized the CB originally had 8" of wheel travel. Which is insane. A JK Wrangler Rubicon only has 8.5" of wheel travel. Maybe this thing will end up rally esk now... I built my jeep for high speed desert racing. I don't think it would be hard to do to the CB lol.
      And if you put CR-V struts and springs on it you can get more than 8" of travel. One of our members did it before. I can try to find the link later.

Also a few of us have been wondering about you. Glad to hear that you are ok and life just got overly busy.

One last thing just to check, you just met her 24 days ago, and she's already your fiance? If that is so, that is great and I hope the best for both of you. Congratulations!!! Just seems a little quick, maybe a typo.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I was wondering about you earlier today. Glad you logged in to keep us updated! Congrats on the engagement! I know exactly what you mean by car time goes away when real life is exciting. Hopefully you’ll keep us updated!

Will, I totally forgot about Mark, who was building the rally cb. I think he gained a couple inches on the clearance to with using the crv parts. Here is is MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=Cr-v
        Last edited by Grumpys93; 06-28-2018, 08:55 PM.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
          if I had the extra time I would liked to have met you both when I was out that way and see this long running project. I just didn't realise how expansive MI is plus the rain and snow sucked minus the Gilmore Car Museum.

I see more of the Jeep than your CB. btw did you have the motorcycle as well or did you wind up selling it?

Congrats man! I hear you on the life getting busy part. But glad to know youre working on it again!
          No worries man! Still have the bike.
          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
            And if you put CR-V struts and springs on it you can get more than 8" of travel. One of our members did it before. I can try to find the link later.

Also a few of us have been wondering about you. Glad to hear that you are ok and life just got overly busy.

One last thing just to check, you just met her 24 days ago, and she's already your fiance? If that is so, that is great and I hope the best for both of you. Congratulations!!! Just seems a little quick, maybe a typo.
            June 4th of last year lmao. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
              I was wondering about you earlier today. Glad you logged in to keep us updated! Congrats on the engagement! I know exactly what you mean by car time goes away when real life is exciting. Hopefully you’ll keep us updated!

Will, I totally forgot about Mark, who was building the rally cb. I think he gained a couple inches on the clearance to with using the crv parts. Here is is MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=Cr-v
              The CRV has the exact same wheel travel as the CB! All he did by swapping CRV springs and dampers was left the car unbalanced in ride frequency and improperly damped, but a higher ride height. I'd still wanna keep it low.

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                Pro-tip: Don't fall in love!

It just gets tougher for project cars from here. Time management is crucial!
                Haha I second that!!! Don't fall in love! I barely touch my car now haha, awesome.
                Keep Pushing..

Comment

Well, life's been a trip. In a nut shell:

Built up the Neon more, then it rusted apart. Currently parting it out and hoping the 4-5k I make helps me get going on the CB again.

Jeep got some beefed up axles, Centeforce clutch, B&M shifter box, and a supercharger. Making about 480 crank with a 2 door, not bad lol.

Left the fiance 2 years ago.

Lost 100lbs

And finally got my mojo back. Still a dynamics engineer at now Stellantis. I know a lot more about dynamics and suspension design than I did 5 years ago. So shortly I should be getting the CB back in the garage. It needs a good cleaning. Been sitting outside for years and the CL1 Recaros are moldy and full of varmint poo... but I'm going back over the whole car and fixing all the short cuts I took. Once the powertrain has all the bugs worked out and it's in good running shape, I'm gonna add the turbo and go wide body to stuff some 315/30R18s under it. I want to make my own front knuckles and geometry so I don't have a 3" scrub radius. Other than the cost of wheels and tires it should keep me busy doing math and CAD and not spending a bunch. And then ideally convert it to AWD now that an H series AWD trans option exists. So anyway, I'm kinda back lol.

Comment

Ahoy fellow Michigander!!! Welcome back. Glad to see that you still have the CB and will be looking to revive it.

I’m excited to see where you take this project, your work has always been well done.
                    Last edited by SSMAccord; 03-05-2022, 11:57 PM.
                    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Lol thanks man. Been a crazy few years and before that I was just a dumb boy who fell in love with bimbo. Thank goodness I didn't marry her haha. My current GF is pretty badass and just likes spending time with me so she supports my hobbies.

Comment

Glad to see your back at it again. Thats awesome you lost 100lbs and are in a happy relationship. Looking forward to the awesome progress.
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Glad to see your back man and I was wondering how you have been. Last I saw you were rocking a blue Jeep with your fiancée (now ex from what I had just read).
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

The Neon is gone finally, I've pocketed about 7500 parting it out. I currently have the Jeep back in the garage, updating the fuel system to support E85. Bigger pump, injectors, flex fuel, and an electronic boost controller for the supercharger bypass valve. Hopefully it's less than a week to get it out of the garage. The the Honda is going in! Ordered the tires today! Falken RT660s in a 315/30R18 lol. Trying to figure out exactly what my wheel offset needs to be. I want to keep my scrub low, especially in turning. So once I figure out what I want my scrub to be I'll order the proper offset, then just run a 4x113.4 to 5x114.3 adapter with the proper thickness so I have the proper stance to at least get it rolling and get the body work figured out. Then I'll start the AWD conversion, 5 lug conversion, and redesign the front suspension to move the hard points inside the wheel to minimize kingpin angle so she doesn't try and rip my off the road mid corner lol. You guys are gonna love the wheels I chose

Comment

Alright, based off the disc shape I needed the best I could do is an offest of +18, so I'm just gonna make it work lol. Wheels ordered, I guess I'll update that in 90 days when they show up lol. In the meantime... I need parts for a 5 lug swap lol.

Comment

Also, to be clear, its a 3 piece 18x11.5 +18 lol. Thicc boi.

Comment

Working...
                                X