H22A Custom Header?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22A Custom Header?

I found a guy selling this header locally, it looks like it'll clear everything in my engine bay and make a lot more power than my Greddy header.

Anyone know what type of header it is and any idea of power gains?

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

RMF?

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f146...d-pics-228163/
    visit vgruk

Comment

Yeah the downpipe looks exactly like that

member's ride thread
      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

The ones randy built in his name when he was working in his own shop (long story) all had RMF tags welded on the #2 runner. He was working for RS Machine for quite some time while his health continued to crumble and lost his shop and I do not believe these had his tags on them. However, he stopped making them after awhile due to the time it took to build them and moved to his drag version which he continued to build until he died.
        www.850fab.com
        IG - @850Fab
        FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

ended up picking it up from the guy, installed it yesterday but had to do a few modifications in my engine bay.

-redrilled the 2 holes on the AC bracket closer so it would pull the AC line further forward.
          -added a spare metal hose/wire bracket onto the PS pump that holds the Alt. wire away from the #1 primary
          -Ground down the PS bracket near the #1 Primary so it would clear, have about 2mm gap now so it should be fine.

Other problems I have to address:

-7" gap from downpipe to my cat...should be easy, just need to get a flexpipe to connect the two
          -Have to install some type of heat reflecting material on my CF hood since the #3 primary is about 3/4" away from hitting the hood.

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
            ended up picking it up from the guy, installed it yesterday but had to do a few modifications in my engine bay.

-redrilled the 2 holes on the AC bracket closer so it would pull the AC line further forward.
            -added a spare metal hose/wire bracket onto the PS pump that holds the Alt. wire away from the #1 primary
            -Ground down the PS bracket near the #1 Primary so it would clear, have about 2mm gap now so it should be fine.

Other problems I have to address:

-7" gap from downpipe to my cat...should be easy, just need to get a flexpipe to connect the two
            -Have to install some type of heat reflecting material on my CF hood since the #3 primary is about 3/4" away from hitting the hood.
            i had a problem with my custom all in fab header with my carbon hood heating up and geting really flexible in the front so i put a hood hood tilt on it so it would let more air in and out and lift it up more from the header. it fix the problem mostly but still heat up a little not as bad as it did before tho

Comment

Originally posted by dayzielynn View Post
              i had a problem with my custom all in fab header with my carbon hood heating up and geting really flexible in the front so i put a hood hood tilt on it so it would let more air in and out and lift it up more from the header. it fix the problem mostly but still heat up a little not as bad as it did before tho
              I bought this Cool Tape that supposedly reflects 1500 degrees of radiant heat. Hopefully that does the job because I've got a roadtrip to go on in 4 days and I don't want to put my old header back on.

member's ride thread
              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

How does it run now? That setup will definitely benefit from a good tune!
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                  How does it run now? That setup will definitely benefit from a good tune!
                  I don't know yet. Car's still sitting on jackstands had to buy a 2.5" flex-pipe from O'reilly today and now I've gotta get it welded up.

I'm not sure if I should drive the car to the muffler shop with an open header and risk a ticket to get it installed or bring the midpipe loose with me and do it.

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                  X