LosiRacer2 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Losiracer2
    yeah i originally wanted to get this VHT red caliper paint which i previously did my accord calipers w/ but AutoZone was out of stock of that specific brand or rather, didn't carry it anymore. So I bought this instead. I hope it won't chip away, I cleaned and sanded the calipers with some orange degreaser and 400 grit sandpaper.

Hopefully, it will be OK, I just haven't found a caliper that seems to hold that stuff. Any of it. The high temp paint actually works well, but hopefully, that sanding job will give it something to hold onto.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

wooho we have the same blanks.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I went to the JY today and found something quite unusual. I found three of those clips that cover up the license plate holes in a glovebox of a wrecked CB7. Pretty sweet since Honda wants like 10 bucks for each one retail probably.
        Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-15-2017, 03:26 AM.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

if you want a REAL good look to your calipers, get some VHT wrinkle red paint. that would look so freakin hot. but shhh. dont tell no one i told you
          Last edited by Shadow1; 01-13-2008, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
            if you want a REAL good look to your calipers, get some VHT wrinkle red paint. that would look so freakin hot. but shhh. dont tell no one i told you
            haha yeah my rears are done w/ VHT red caliper paint but the fronts, unfortunately, Autozone ran out of VHT or don't stock it. But they turned out pretty well

member's ride thread
            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I decided I needed to fix my coolant leak today, so i took it to my friend/mechanic who helped me out a bit. I did a new Upper radiator hose, new hose from the distributor to the heater core and a new dizzy O-ring, since the old one was leaking. It actually broke apart like a piece of hard plastic upon removal, so i'm glad that's fixed. All in all not bad for $45 worth. Fixed a coolant leak as well as my oil leak

new upper

and new hose from under distributor to heater core, THAT was leaking like a bitch before

member's ride thread
              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I got a new Energy Suspension front torque motor mount insert today. They make really good parts, i was amazed at how tight the fit was inside the bracket. So this is way better than buying a solid Poly'd mount if you drive in heavy traffic from time to time. No vibrations AT ALL! but it also helps shifting dramatically, esp. in auto's like mine.

Curves to the exact contours of the mount, Oh btw, mine was a manual trans. front torque mount, so that might make a difference in fitment. And they also said you can use it on torn mounts that you may have, it fills in the space to make it like new again + better.

Fits like a GLOVE!

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

beautiful car man everything you done looks good. whats next ?
                  UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                  NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex
                    beautiful car man everything you done looks good. whats next ?
                    X2 Losi!!!

Checking out your cb I'm thinking if it's not too cold tomorrow, I may have to mess around with my legend lip!
                    "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                    ><((((º>

Comment

super clean car man, i love what you did with the brakes, keep it up

Accord MR Thread

Ek MR Thread

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm going to install the brakes in mid March, when I have a week off for Spring Break, with Owequitit. I'm also going to attempt my skills at doing a TSX Projector retrofit. I just bid on an auction buying the two headlights off a TSX for only 80 bucks! yeah so that should be a fun project. I'm still learning/researching what shrouds and things I should put in there to jazz it up and make it look nice. But for now, I've got homework to do! lol. I don't think you guys would be that interested in Calc 3, Linear Algebra, Mechanics and Asian Pacific American Studies lol.

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Glad to hear that you are happy with the ES insert. 95% of the benefit, but with only 5% of the tradeoff.

Comment

Nice whip! I like the all red tails and the legend lip. I'm thinking about getting one myself.
                            92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

Sweet!

Are you going to retrofit the inner reflectors too? Or just the projectors?

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                                Sweet!

Are you going to retrofit the inner reflectors too? Or just the projectors?
                                I SO want to put these headlight housings on the CB7, I think it would make it look menacing and furious all the time, which would be awesome. Idk if the inner reflectors would fit, i might have to modify them quite a bit, since they look to be about 4 inches in diameter. And they use a H1 55w bulb, so i might need to change out my 9005 highbeam. But anything's possible. BUT DAMN, i'm so excited, this just made my week. I had so much bullshit this week but this made it all go away! I even shined a flashlight in the projector, just to see how sharp the cutoff was and WOW, its like a blade of a knife. Oh these are off a 04-06 TSX, I read somewhere that that was the better projector.

Anyone know how to modify the cutoff? I saw on Awwwwwshiet's thread that his buddy, XenonKiller99, modified the cutoff somehow, but i dont know exactly

member's ride thread
                                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                                X