Clanking after camber kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clanking after camber kit

I lowered my car on Tein S. Techs and i had no clanking issues or banging til i got my anchor bolt camber kit. I wanted to know what some of you guys did to make sure there was no banging, or at least lessening it some..i don't like the way it sounds

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
    Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
    by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Lift up the car see what its hitting. Prob the inner part of the fender.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

this sounds redundent but set the camber kit to the minimal offset setting. it will fix some of it but not all...at least you get rid of the clanking sound though.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

some people grind the front of the arm to prevent it from hitting, but of course don't grind too much
        Members Ride

Comment

correct camber the best u can then jack up car and find out where the control arm will hit. then get a torch, heat up the inner fender where u need to bang.....bang the hell outta it. i tried banging, i tried shaving control arm lip, i tried shaving inner fender but nothing worked
          so i was told by a shop to heat the part up and then bang the crap outta it. Worked great. no more clanking.
          My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
            correct camber the best u can then jack up car and find out where the control arm will hit. then get a torch, heat up the inner fender where u need to bang.....bang the hell outta it. i tried banging, i tried shaving control arm lip, i tried shaving inner fender but nothing worked
            so i was told by a shop to heat the part up and then bang the crap outta it. Worked great. no more clanking.

Shit ey. Great idea. I spent freakin ages trying to bash that. Eventually I just mangled some holes. :\ Still hits on big ditches.
            Members Ride Thread

Comment

ACCRDPOWER-Thanks for the advice man...thats what i was looking for. I guess i'll give that a shot n see...

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
              Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
              by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

lol np guys. use that method as a last resort though, heating the metal makes it weaker. i had to beg the shop guys to do that, they say it can be dangerous. but i have had no issues yet although i did have to get some touch up paint to paint over the torchmarks
                My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                X