Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New guy from New zealand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that leather I see?

Comment

Thanks

Sure is Leather.

Had a few more bits turn up that were ex japan.

Included here is an LMA spring for the euro R head as one had been pinched out of it before I got it, New valve stem seals, All the seals related to the oil pump, Crank seal, front balance shaft seal, dipstick o ring, rear balance shaft plate o ring, Axle seals for the T2W4 box, And theres some more bits floating around too.

Have decided to get an Innovative mounts adaptor mount as the Manual mount bracket is NLA Oh well will make the job alot easier.

I still dont know what axles I'll get away with? Do I HAVE to run CB manual axles and intermediate shaft or can I use BB1/4 or CD5/6 manual axles?

Comment

Yes, the CB Accord axles are what you need to run. Why is this a perceived issue?
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Not an issue, manual CB's are a little bit few and far between here compared to auto ones. I can still get the axles though.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombine View Post
            And a CB7 accord, which is 99&#37; factory. Nearly fully optioned from new, and bought by my grandfather. Only mods at this stage are a nardi wheel, and some sounds to keep me entertained - It's my daily driver.

The CB has an F22Z1, an auto gearbox, leather interior, ABS brakes, the lot. Only thing that wasnt optioned from the factory was the sunroof, as my grandmother had rust issues on her CA accord and they didn't trust them.
            The Accord's condition is Fantastic!! Very original!!

Correct me if I am wrong but your CB seems to be made in NZ when the country still had a car manufacturing industry.

The engine number seems to be for the NZDM.

Originally posted by Zombine View Post
            After getting bored with the auto gearbox, I decided to swap it to a manual (Which is why I'm here, getting info I need for the swap ), And decided, Why not drop an H22A in at the same time.
            Noooo, I would have kept her original. More stunning to see a 25 year old car look like a 7 year old car factory fresh in my view, but it is your car and I have always been more an original oem person.

Great choice of mod upgrade though
            Last edited by JDMDriver; 04-02-2015, 08:10 PM.
            Rides:

Accord
            92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
            96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
            88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
            92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
            95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
            92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
            91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
              The Accord's condition is Fantastic!! Very original!!

Correct me if I am wrong but your CB seems to be made in NZ when the country still had a car manufacturing industry.

The engine number seems to be for the NZDM.

Thanks, Yes it is. They were built in Napier. Painted in NZ, used NZ made carpet which is MUCH nicer than imported ones, NZ made wiring, NZ made glass, alot of kiwi made parts on it which is quite a cool thing

This only applied to the NZ new ones though It was the last CB accord that Waikato Honda ever sold, Now I work there :P

Comment

This Cb is flawless! Looks like it just came off the lot!

Comment

Thanks

I have decided to go the aftermarket mount for the gearbox, being the innovative option.

https://www.innovativemounts.com/Pro...ductCode=29324

So my parts supplier has that coming in for me on a sea freight order, so will be a couple of months before it gets here. That's fine as it allows me to gather the last of the rest of the bits I need.

Took half a day off work and went back to pick a part, where there was a manual CB.

Got the clutch pedal:

Brake and throttle pedals:

Shifter boot and bracket:

Passenger side (LH) axle:

Half shaft:

On a side note, My DC2 was in a local magazine, NZ performance car, In a small "under construction" part

If you guys want to see more of my DC2 I can post that aswell, But thought I'd leave it out being a CB related forum :P

I had planned on changing both my outer CV's as they are both clicking, And I need to on the new LH side axle as it came out of a non ABS chassis. All CV joints will also recieve new boots

Things that are left for me to aquire are, clutch kit (Already have H22A flywheel, Which I assume will fit my F22 motor?), Clutch master and slave cylinders (Will be going new). And a few other small things, like shift cable clamps and clutch fluid reservoir and soft lines etc.

Not sure how far away my H22A shortblock is going to be so its gone low priority for now, Main focus for the moment is to do the manual swap, Then slot the H22A in when its ready

Thanks for reading!

Comment

Hey guys, Things are coming along nicely with the CB.

Should have the conversion mount this week.

Will get an oem spec clutch kit, new master and slave cylinders too this week with a bit of luck

Also went back to pick a part, and got the clutch line from the master cylinder, to the gearbox, Which completes the line.

Also got the clutch fluid reservoir and all the associated brackets.

Have organised for a workmate to give me a hand to do the swap on the 20th, which gives me a few weeks to make sure I have everything I need

Sorry no pics, will make sure I get some during the swap though :P

Thanks for reading!

For those who care, A turbo, manifold, downpipe and wastegate came up for farr to cheap for the DC2, So should be picking that up this week too!

Comment

Beautiful car doing a manual swap on my cb soon as well

Comment

So bit more of an update, The conversion is 99% complete, the remaining 1% is me wanting to rectify the harshness of the aftermarket mount.

The ratios of the new gearbox are great and give me alot more available torque, and the LSD is a good bonus too (Y)

Old AT removed

Passenger side axle refurbished, Cleaned and regreased CV joints, and new CV boots

Euro R box bolted in

manual starter I got from pick a part

All back together

New shifter boot and gearknob I got from pick a part

Will get a photo of the underside when its on a hoist next

Comment

You'll have to let us know how that F responds with that t2w4 transmission.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Wooooow such a clean car! Great progress man! Love the teg as well!

Comment

Thanks guys

Because the ratios are so short on the f series, it gives me so much torque. 2nd will top out at around 80kmh,3rd tops out at around 115kmh and 4th tops out around 150kmh! So definitely very short, certainly makes it get up off the line quickly

Forgot to mention I've ordered an iacv adaptor for my euro r manifold too, hopefully will have enough firewall clearance!

Here's a short video of it, not revving right out and shifting nicely on the box.

https://youtu.be/XCpFaNTnhj4
                              Last edited by Zombine; 06-21-2015, 01:29 AM.

Comment

sounds great! Good shifting there as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X