No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1992 Accord EX-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hit up a couple every other month or so when i need things. I always look for cb7 flushies but no luck on those, gonna try the vigor flush just to keep with my non original cb7 theme. Stuff like rear mudflaps are all day everywhere though, and sometimes leather interiors, but seats are never good.
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Damn sucks on the spoiler

I saw an se with a spoiler but its that gold color
      NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
      DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

If anyone has one I am interested. If I had an extra spoiler I could take the light out of it and fix mine, or repaint that one.

thanx

Comment

Well today this car left me stranded

It was 2deg C (35F), raining and miserable outside. I just finished a 8am appointment to get the winter tires re-blanced and this appointment went smoothly. 10min down the highway as I smiled at the great balancing job the shop had done the engine shutoff for 1 second and then came back to life. The RPMs actualy dropped to 0, and less than 1 second later back up and running fine.

5min later the car just shut off. No warning, no sputter, off. Lights and everything were still on but the motor was not firing. I coasted into a parking lot where I tried starting the car again. Nothing. It was dead. It would crank over but no movement of the rpm gauge and no start.

I messed with it for 30min and I could not find anything wrong. My thought was that there was no fuel being delievered. With no tools and no solutions, I called a tow truck. I had it towed to a garage I've been to before and as the hours passed until i could get in I tried to fix it myself.

- Checked all the fuses = good
          - Checked power getting to the fuel pump = good
          - Checked fuel pump was powering on = good
          - Took out main relay and inspected it = good
          - Re-checked distributor wires and other loose connections = good

The guys finally pulled it into the bay and we quickly determined that there was no spark. The coil was getting voltages, but there was no spark coming from the coil. So three things it could be here:

1. The distributor
          2. The ignitor (sends signal to coil I believe)
          3. The rotor/cap (but they looked fine)

....... in the end I had to leave the car. It really left me stranded today when I needed it the most and I am not happy.

Comment

I've had this incident twice with 2 different accords I've owned, ended up being distributor, and like you said, without warning, BAM car is as dead as a nit.
            Last edited by Jarrett; 01-21-2014, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
              I've had this incident twice with 2 different accords I've owned, ended up being distributor, and like you said, without warning, BAM car is as dead as a nit.
              Got word back today, problem was the ignitor. I replaced the unit and put a new rotor and cap on it as the old rotor was cracked.

Still not happy...

Comment

Sorry to hear that man, glad it's fixed.
                MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
                1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Jking72 View Post
                  Sorry to hear that man, glad it's fixed.
                  Yep its fixed. And on top of that they fixed the idle issue that the last owner tried to fix and I tried to fix as well. The issue was the exhaust sounded like it was hiccuping. I guess the slowly failing igniter was the cause.

Soo car runs great now. I was racing a BMW e34 on the highway tonight (not really racing, just doing some pulls beside each other) and the cars were neck and neck for 3rd, 4th, gears. I feel like I should of been getting spanked though, maybe something wrong with his car, I dunno.

Comment

And not by choice but by force the car got brand new rear rotors, calipers and pads.

Comment

I'm getting sick of praying while driving this car. The battery kept dying over night so disconnected the amp and subs. This seemed to solve the problem although that sub and amp were connected for months prior.

Then today the lights dimmed off and on for 2min while driving in to work. So I may have an ALT going or electrical issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                        I'm getting sick of praying while driving this car. The battery kept dying over night so disconnected the amp and subs. This seemed to solve the problem although that sub and amp were connected for months prior.

Then today the lights dimmed off and on for 2min while driving in to work. So I may have an ALT going or electrical issue.
                        And today the distributor went or some shit is happening, spitting and sputtering .............. and that was the last straw.

Comment

Nice what year?

Is the DD Accord done then?

Comment

Originally posted by Jking72 View Post
                            Nice what year?

Is the DD Accord done then?
                            2000 Accord, with 167,000km. The 92 accord is pretty much gone. I will be selling it.

Comment

Suck that you gotta sell her man, at least you still have the project to work on.

Congrats on the new purchase tho.

Comment

Sorry about the coupe, I prefer your sedan.

New DD looks good. Any plans for it?
                                1990 Accord EX

Comment

Working...
                                X