hehehe finally at long last....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
    ... I've had the OEM bulbs. 4300k. No thanks. Too yellow. Barely could see the road. With these I can see better in the rain and at night.

Say what? Nah man, that's like...impossible and stuff. Unless the bulbs were some sort of rejects there's no way you'd have more visibility with DDM bulbs in a higher kelvin rating. Cuz science.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by islandhopper View Post
      Say what? Nah man, that's like...impossible and stuff. Unless the bulbs were some sort of rejects there's no way you'd have more visibility with DDM bulbs in a higher kelvin rating. Cuz science.
      lol. it was. another reason why i changed the bulbs out. foctory bulbs are 4300k. swapped those out for the DDM Tuning 6000k bulbs. which i'll never buy again. go to the site and their company is here in the US but they don't tell you your bulbs are being shipped from China. wtf? i waited 2 weeks for a product that turned out to be crap. no thanks.

found these new bulbs from amazon and they're brighter than all the other bulbs i've had. love them.

Comment

I would leave the wheels as is, or paint them white. What kind of lip is that? Looks good. And what color are you painting it?
        1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
          I would leave the wheels as is, or paint them white. What kind of lip is that? Looks good. And what color are you painting it?
          well the paint has chipped away on the wheels. so they need a fresh coat. i'll probably end up doing them silver or aluminum. the lip. unsure. lol. Mugen rep to my knowledge. the lip will be painted the factory Carbon Grey Pearl. i have a can of it in my room right now. i might install it today just to see how it'll far going down the road at highway speeds. that and i cant wait til Saturday to install it. lol.

Comment

Sounds good. Silver would be nice. And I hear you about the lip, I got one for my car and it needed work so I installed it to see how I handled being that low...ended up cracking it but got it fixed. Why dont you plastidip the wheels before painting them?
            1990 Accord EX

Comment

Sounds good. Silver would be nice. And I hear you about the lip, I got one for my car and it needed work so I installed it to see how I handled being that low...ended up cracking it but got it fixed. Why dont you plastidip the wheels before painting them?
              about the wheels:
              once i paint them, its getting a clear coat. they'll stay shiny and the dirt and brake dist wont end up staining the paint. which is what i hate when something gets painted. the center caps need to be redone too. the black on the Acura symbol is fading....BAD.

about the lip:
              i washed the car yesterday. put the lip on. looks great. love it. one of my friends said i shouldn't paint it. lol. i wouldn't, but im not about the contrasting body panels anymore. clean front to back.

in other news:
              just got in some black-out trim tape. going to do that this morning. been using electrical tape. it gives me the look i want but doesn't stay long. ends up coming off at the ends.

my next check i'll be buying the upper camber arms and coil over sleeves to see about getting the drop and ride i want. these Megan springs are nice, but too soft. i feel as tho i'm driving a Cadi on the highway. need a stiff ride. later on i'll be getting some Tanabe springs for the sleeves. 10k front. not sure on the read yet.

Comment

lip installed

Comment

some new parts:

-passenger CV axle
                  -rear sway bar links
                  -rear camber/toe kit

going to do replace the intake piping soon. keep the stock air box(the TSX has a factory velocity stack on their boxes), K&N drop in and be done with that. new mufflers....possibly...

Comment

Looking good, but yeah, I would definitely have the lip color matched. Mufflers would be nice, what kind/brand?
                    1990 Accord EX

Comment

Looking good, but yeah, I would definitely have the lip color matched. Mufflers would be nice, what kind/brand?
                      yeah. got the other can of paint. i get off work one day this week, its getting painted...

as far as the mufflers. OBX

either this:

or this:

or a craigslist special. lol. it all depends. it'll happen next month tho. will have an extra check to play with/put some away for savings.

Comment

I like these cars. We looked at a few before i bought my truck but couldnt find a 6 speed.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
                          I like these cars. We looked at a few before i bought my truck but couldnt find a 6 speed.
                          lol. they're all over. just gotta know where to look.

items on the list of things to do...

-Ingalls rear camber/toe arms
                          -Centric Slotted rotors for the front
                          -paint front lip
                          -do alignment front and rear
                          -get rear tire replaced
                          -enjoy new parts and cruise

plans that will happen later down the road:
                          -new intake piping
                          -OBX mufflers
                          -Tanabe or Megan Racing coil over springs. 10k front/6k rear
                          -paint the wheels either gunmetal or white

honestly. i looked at my car the other day. i loved the look. didn't say "hey. it would look better with brand x wheels" or nothing of the sort. just looked at it and was satisfied with the look. has the drop i want. the wheels i love in the specs i've wanted. just has small things to fix. the rear driver side door panel, the front passenger side fender lining to replace, and probably the front bumper to get rid of the imperfections in it. other than that tho....it's perfect.

out of all the cars i've had, i've yet to be able to look at my car and say "i im happy with the way it looks now."

Comment

some new pics...

Comment

Looking good bro. I love the raked look the lip gives the car.
                              1990 Accord EX

Comment

Looking good bro. I love the raked look the lip gives the car.
                                thanks man. new pics:

Comment

Working...
                                X