ENG : Installing an S2000 CMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENG : Installing an S2000 CMC

You are here because you want to know how to put an S2000 Clutch Master Cylinder in your 1990-1993 Honda Accord.
    Warning: There is NO performance benefit to this install, unless you were to find a larger bore CMC that fits S2k's. Basic hydraulic theory: Same volume of fluid moved = same volume of fluid moved.
    Warning 2: The pictures are not the best in the world. And this DIY is simple so I didn't bother to edit the pictures.

Let's continue.

Parts and Tools Needed:

S2k Clutch Master Cylinder (Rockauto is probably cheapest. Mines is a Centric part)
    S2k Clutch Master Cylinder Spacer (FFC or similar)
    Braided Clutch line
    M10 Banjo Bolt
    Grease
    Cotter Pin
    CMC Gasket
    Snap Ring Pliers or Needle Nose Pliers
    Small Flat Head Screwdriver

Instructions:

Remove the stock CMC. (Not covered here. I don't actually think there is a DIY for that yet)

Lay the two parts side by side. Take note of the longer length of the Accord's pushrod. This is the part that will need to be swapped on to the S2k CMC.

Remove the snap ring on the Accord's CMC.

Remove the snap ring on the S2k's Pay attention to which way the metal retaining ring comes off. You will be reusing this part. Mine was removed using a small flat head. Yours may vary.

Clean the pushrod, place the s2k's CMC washer and snap ring back into place with the Accord's pushrod

***Attach the clutch line before installing the CMC. It is a tight fit.

***Install new CMC with the spacer.

***Grease the clutch springs and pin while you are down there.

***Bleed the lines

Admire your work, have a beer.

///Alternate M10 Banjo Bolt Modification///
    I don't know about anybody else, but no one around me sells banjo bolts for some odd reason. So I took the old one off of my transmission soft line to hard line fitting for the clutch, crudely cut it down with a sawzall (I recommend using a Dremel. I didn't have one at the time and the hacksaw was to slow ), cleaned up the burrs with a file, chased the threads, cleaned the bolt with soapy water to remove shavings and installed. It is working perfectly.

YouTube Clicky!!

Cool DIY man,

But just curious as to what the point of this is?
    sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Purely cosmetic mod. It's a simple way to tuck the CMC reservoir. Plus it helps when you just happen to have all of the parts just lying around and you find out that your current CMC is leaking.
      Last edited by sonikaccord; 03-05-2016, 06:29 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Ah! Okay cool.
        sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

How is your hard line connected to the S2K CMC? Banjo bolt in banjo fitting to adapter to the flare nut?
          1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

No hard line. It's a flexible/braided line.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

So I just did this today. I found you have to bottom out the accord push rod to get the CMC to engage, which brings the engagement point pretty high. I recommend treading the rod a little further down so you can lower the engagement point. I also recommend taking the supplied stainless steel line and running it straight from the master to the slave and bypass all the dampener assembly. It doesn’t change the feel at all really and you just cut out a part that could possibly leak later. (Like mine did).

You also must use the spacer AND pay attention to how the washer holding the push rod was placed. If you don’t do both of those, you will not be able to bleed the clutch and ultimately engage the gears.

Other then that it does clean up the bay a bit and of course another good preventative maintenance.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
              X