suspension scratching noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suspension scratching noise

ok guys, i have slight issue with the front passenger side. There is a loud screeching/scratching noise comming from the wheel well area. Whenever i hit a bump or go over any surface imperfections i hear this screech. I also hear it when the car is off and i bounce on the front passenger side. Most recently i hear it also when i am slowly turning the wheel. I tried to pinpoint the noise the best i could and it sounded like it was comming from the brake area. I thought it could be the dust sheild so i bent it a bit. The noise went away for a lil while then came back a few days later. Is this noise just the dust sheild? Could i just take the dust sheidl off or cut it a bit? any ideas would help. thanks
    My members ride thread

I think I know what you're describing, check out all your balljoints, esp. the lower balljoint.

Comment

thanks i guess i never thought of that since i replaced all my ball joints a few months ago. i sure hope i didn't bust one already ugh lol.
      My members ride thread

Comment

That's good, check them anyway for peace of mind, but it's prob. not them. IDK, just try and rule things out 1 by 1 I guess, w/ suspension and brakes, it could be almost anything!

Comment

grab the top of the tire and wiggle it back and forth. you know if its loose. also raise the car and grab the tire at 12 and 6 oclock and wiggle it. you'll tell if both of your ball joints or the lower one is bad. good luck
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

ball joints are great, nothing loose or even remotely loose. turns out that the squeak was from my polyurethane bushings. i greesed up the bushings and suree nough everything was better. there is still a small hardly noticable squeak but it is a lot better.
            My members ride thread

Comment

^I didn't know you had poly bushings, which one/ones were squeaking and which do you have? Prothane? Energy? It's good you got it figured out

Comment

Working...
              X