No announcement yet.

Crankshaft's 01 GMC Sierra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My next project should be to install a series of circuit cut off switches; at the very least one for fuel and one for starting system, i would rather replace another steering column than replace the whole truck.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

350 out of an 89. Lunati 270 with summit springs, stock manifolds, 650 Holley. The t5 is going to die soon. 5th gear bearing is getting loud. Like metal on metal mixed with wind noise. I’m really hoping the wife says yes to a TKO. If not, I’ll have to find a used 3500 and figure out a clutch setup.. I’ll hopefully have a large MRT update within the next few months. Unless I get an FT86 that is.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
        350 out of an 89. Lunati 270 with summit springs, stock manifolds, 650 Holley. The t5 is going to die soon. 5th gear bearing is getting loud. Like metal on metal mixed with wind noise. I’m really hoping the wife says yes to a TKO. If not, I’ll have to find a used 3500 and figure out a clutch setup.. I’ll hopefully have a large MRT update within the next few months. Unless I get an FT86 that is.
        Vortec Heads are a nice upgrade man.
        Last edited by Crankshaft; 04-16-2018, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Maybe look into an alarm with a starter kill? The Viper 3105v is an easier one to install. Geek Squad will put it in there for like $300 including parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
            I think 4.10 would increase streatability at the sacrifice of highway driving, I keep reading about people upgrading their converter to stay in the powerband. Does yours have the cable on the throttle body or is it electronically driven?
            Cable, I thought about 4.10s then I'd have to do the front did as well 3.73s are fine with me. My tune only ran me $250+75 for the nitrous street tune.

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Maybe look into an alarm with a starter kill? The Viper 3105v is an easier one to install. Geek Squad will put it in there for like $300 including parts.
              I meant to say that Vette heads out of the L98 TPI motor as well as Vortec Heads are a nice upgrade to ANY 350, the aluminum TPI heads will raise your compression while the Vortec will improve airflow. It's probably a bit more than what you want to do but years ago guys were selling modified LT1 intakes to fit into SBC and with its design them 350 were putting an ass kicking on even the stealth ram system from Holley.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                Cable, I thought about 4.10s then I'd have to do the front did as well 3.73s are fine with me. My tune only ran me $250+75 for the nitrous street tune.
                Around here tuning is higher than that, seems everybody wants to sell the hand held type tuner instead of actually doing in house tunes.

Comment

I hear you there I got a lot more for about the same price as a hand held "tuner". Now had my setup been crazy im sure I would have had to pay more and spend a lot more time down there, but we spent more time talking I do believe haha then he talked about tuning which was all Greek to me. I drove the truck 2.5hrs to him he had some good info, nice projects and customer setups to bad your not near NC.

Wish my legend was so simple and tuneable the only option is $400 for a tuneable ecu or a stand alone which is even more.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                    I hear you there I got a lot more for about the same price as a hand held "tuner". Now had my setup been crazy im sure I would have had to pay more and spend a lot more time down there, but we spent more time talking I do believe haha then he talked about tuning which was all Greek to me. I drove the truck 2.5hrs to him he had some good info, nice projects and customer setups to bad your not near NC.

Wish my legend was so simple and tuneable the only option is $400 for a tuneable ecu or a stand alone which is even more.
                    There is a guy that I know personally down here name Will, not gonna talk of his shop name because I don't want to get into trouble for sponsoring non members shops but he is a super down to earth guy who builds cars for actual competition. This man actually competes in Pikes Peak Hill Climb and his best was number 11 I think some years back, he is a customer of mine and as cool as he is I haven't taken him my truck because I feel it's not worth his time when he has skylines and NSX's that he works on at that place. My brother keeps telling me about a couple places but at this point without any modifications I feel it would be a waste of time and money to tune. My brother just left my house and for some god known reason he keeps referring to my wheels as 18's eventhough I showed him the tire size.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
                      I meant to say that Vette heads out of the L98 TPI motor as well as Vortec Heads are a nice upgrade to ANY 350, the aluminum TPI heads will raise your compression while the Vortec will improve airflow. It's probably a bit more than what you want to do but years ago guys were selling modified LT1 intakes to fit into SBC and with its design them 350 were putting an ass kicking on even the stealth ram system from Holley.
                      If they make a performer intake that’ll fit I’ll definitely look into it. What do you mean by cutting grade? Like high nickel gears?

Comment

If they make a performer intake that’ll fit I’ll definitely look into it. What do you mean by cutting grade? Like high nickel gears?
                        That was my auto correct acting a fool on me at 4am, on the chevy groups there were aluminum headed, 383 motors with fuel injected units making well into the 500 mark. SBC rotating assemblies can be had cheap if you know where to look, as i remember you could get 383 stroker kits for under $600 and aluminum corvette heads can be found for under $200 if you look. The tuning of such engine would be the issue but if you can find a way to make it work it can be done for cheaper than a proper LS swap.

Comment

Just ordered:
                          2 upper BJ
                          2 lower BJ
                          Coil pring set
                          2010 Police rotor set
                          2010 Police grade pads

Along with the Prothane bushing kit that i have i will have a brand new fron suspension pretty soon and upgraded braje system to stop the added weight of the Dubs.

Comment

So first batch of parts arrived today, first reaction is "Holy Sh*t these rotors are heavy and massive". Rotors come in at 12.992 inches and have to be about 20 pounds each, the real focus should be in how the rotors used for law enforcement vehicles utilize cooling vents on the top hat not on the face of the rotor like the usual "drilled" kind.

IMG_20180419_214208 by Jesse Gonzalez, on Flickr

IMG_20180419_214225 by Jesse Gonzalez, on Flickr

Comment

How's the truck coming along?

Did a few more things to mine and all started with a bad alternator. Btr 224/230 cam, valve springs, lifters, cleaned up the castings on the heads, I/H/E, vette servo and rod, 3200 yank stall, trans cooler. Doing a email tune with Atomic F&P hoping it'll run a tad better here soon. Probably add a dry shot before the maf here after I get a feel for the new setup.

02 Crv

Comment

Jesús Christ! You have been busy 😀, i havent installed anything other than a new A/C compressor because it was getting too damn hot and Mrs Crankshaft kept bugging about it. I did buy a brand new set of 3.73 gears off a guy on Offerup for $50 Tuesday, then on the way home my water pump decided to commit suicide so I had to do emergency surgery to get it on the road the next morning; I'm a very poor lapse of judgement during the coolant burping process I for some reason decided to open the reservoir 😩 and got hot coolant puked all over me, thank god the temperature wasn't too high if not it would have peeled me like a pig. Right now I am putting aside me wanting a cam since Mrs Crankshaft wants a new(to her) car and we are still trying to decide on what she will get; choices are between Tahoe, and Charger or Challenger on RT trim as I believe American vehicles are only worth it with V8 on them. I will be buying a fan clutch though to replace the old one since pump and clutch tend to go out at the same time, pump and thermostat were done together.

Comment

Working...
                                X