Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update I replaced the ignition control module , and it started and ran great for about 15 seconds then the rpms dipped down it started running shitty and died ,I restarted it it ran shitty at low rpm , and it wouldnt rev up at all
    Last edited by cb7_wagon; 08-20-2012, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I'm going to take a stab in the dark, and hopefully not kill anyone. Is it clicking when you try to turn it over? If so it could possibly be a bad alternated that isn't giving the battery what it needs so it ran dry. Just a though, but on occasion people jump to causes that are more in depth than needed. The battery being dry, and the alternator not working would cause it to just die, and a clicking when trying to start (sometimes possible to sound like a rapid fire relay) as well as not being able to stay running on start. have someone give you a jump, leave the cables hooked and see if it runs any longer that 15 seconds. (let their vehicle run for about 5 mins with cables hooked before attempting to start)
      Here's what I'm working with tell me what you think.
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193759

Comment

I had this very same problem about 2 months ago, i trouble shot for days, after spending about 250 on a new Rotor, cap, ignition coil, spark plugs the last thing to fix was the Ignition control module, located inside the distributor. Its about 40-60 for a new one, but that is the first thing you should replace, and trust me on that one.

Comment

Working...
        X