Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Surging Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surging Issue

About two months ago my CB broke down and wouldnt start due to no spark, so I thought it might have been the distributor cap, rotor, ignition coil, or spark plugs, I replaced all of those and no start, so then the last thing was the ignition control module which I then replaced and bam it started!! It was running great for about a week but after that when I would get in high rpms (above 3k) it would start to almost surge but it was different, acceleration would cut out and sometimes my car would just die, so I thought it had something to do with timing so I timed it, that didn't work either, so I cleaned the IAV valve ... Nothing. It is definitely something with missing a cylinder but I'm not sure what to do anymore. What parts do I need to replace?? Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated thanks!!
    Last edited by G102294G; 09-04-2012, 04:11 PM.

It sounds like you need to stop replacing parts and start diagnosing. From what you have explained you might have something going on with your fuel system. When is the last time you replaced your fuel filter? Are you getting good fuel pressure?

Comment

Is your check engine light on? That would be your first thing to check.
      Read the thread at the top of this section with the title "read here first" (nobody ever does.) It addresses surging idle, as well as a CEL code.

But yes, stop "fixing" things that you don't KNOW to be wrong!

Comment

Check voltage at fuel pump (you can probe wires to the pump.) Check fuel filter, check output voltages at ECU to the ICM.

Comment

Yes ive got a CEL code reading code 9

Comment

While Ive had the car ive never done the fuel filter but ill be sure to do that friday!!
            Sorry about the errors in my post, this is my first post as a CB7 member.

Comment

Its not wise to just throw money at things unless you know the culprit behind it. Google or use the first post to check codes then go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by G102294G View Post
                Lol, homie how are you going to say all that and leave out its throwing code? Most definitely check the code.

Where in Denver you at? Let me know, we are probably close enough if you need some help.

Comment

9 CYP - cylinder sensor

found here : http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21259
                  1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                  1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                  1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                  1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Im located up in Firestone but im around wash park during the week.

Comment

Time for a new distributor.
                      Originally posted by Mishakol129
                      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Still no progress, just going to take it to a professional mechanic.

Comment

Still no progress, just going to take it to a professional mechanic.
                          He's going to do what I just told you.
                          Originally posted by Mishakol129
                          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Did you replace the distributor yet? there is no cure for code 9 the dizzy will need replaced like said above.

Also a loose or short in the injector wiring and clip can cause a CYP cel, i've had it happen 3 times no need for a mechanic just yet IMO.

02 Crv
                            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                            X