• Show
Clear All

they sound soooo pretty--- vr6's!!!!!

i dont know man, those are quick. user problem on the vr6
    welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
      k um the gti is the vr6, they come in 1.8t, vr6 and just regular 2.0 i think.

and ur buddys wrx has a header?
      VR6's are 6 cylinder 3.2s or 2.8s if memory serves me right. And this car is one of the few cars I know that greatly suffers from driver error. It has a pretty steep HP curve, a couple misses shift will make it add 2-3 seconds more onto its mid 14 1/4 mile time.

Comment

The VR6s are a 2.8L the only 3.2L ones are in the Touareg and the R32. The new Passat has a 3.6L. Every one that is a manual after 2002.5 is a 6 speed because that's when they went from the 12 valve 174hp to the 24 valve 200hp. I'm not going to call B.S. on this one but damn teach your friend how to drive. He should have walked all over you even with piss poor launching and the ESP overreacting.

Aaron
        If any one knows of someone looking to buy a Mazda, Subaru, Audi or Porsche please drop me a line.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
          k um the gti is the vr6, they come in 1.8t, vr6 and just regular 2.0 i think.

and ur buddys wrx has a header?

Ehhh rex = CRX, and I didnt mean to put the GTi in there, it was just on my mind because of the topic.

I also mentioned you could have one if he didnt know how to drive.. if you would have told us that in the story then it would have been more helpful ... later!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
          ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
          ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
            what is your buddy's car? jetta, gti? anyways, if your accord has a stock f22a motor, there is no way you can beat him or even come close. for a stock car, a vr6 has some good pull.

You aint lying...they are NASTY...but with the PROPER tuning..he should be able to hold it into place...might not beat him.with a stock F series..BUT..if his drivetrain was NEW..( replaced F22A..Clutch...reworked Tranny )...aftermaket intake...exhaust...good Z rated tires for some grip..you should be aight might not win but he shouldn't whoop on you too much...IF..thats IF..you're a GOOD driver and know your RPM shifts!!!!

NOTE: VR6s are TORQUE monsters!!!
            92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
            My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by dubdealer
              The VR6s are a 2.8L the only 3.2L ones are in the Touareg and the R32. The new Passat has a 3.6L. Every one that is a manual after 2002.5 is a 6 speed because that's when they went from the 12 valve 174hp to the 24 valve 200hp. I'm not going to call B.S. on this one but damn teach your friend how to drive. He should have walked all over you even with piss poor launching and the ESP overreacting.

Aaron

My boy Todd just picked one of those up ( Blue )...he traded in his 2.0L 95 Jetta for that R32 and those have some NASTY pull to em!! the only thing I can say to all CB7 owners with STOCK F22s is stay away from em! they will RAPE you!

if you have a Boosted H22..then give it a go! R32s are MEAN...im really not a VW person..but I do know what and what not fuck with!
              92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
              My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by 84Blazin
                My buddy owns a 04' VR6 completely stock 5spd. I've raced against him in my old 97' Eclipse Spyder GS-T and whooped him good. When I bought my accord (stock, 5spd) we decided to play again after work. (6 in the morning no traffic)

Pulled up to the light and had it revved to 2g. Light turn green and off when went. I got him through 4 gear by 4 cars lengths. We pretty much raced till we got on the freeway where we passed each other multiple times.
                We got off at his exit and pulled up to another light. Again cranked her up to 2g and dropped him. While we were playing a Ferd Probe that was rice out decided it want in on our little deal. We all pulled to the next light. Again same thing. Me and my buddy pulled out at the same time. (I spun the tires too much) Halfway through third all we could see of the probe was headlights in our mirrors. We both slowed down to the speed limit and the probe did the famous fly by.

My buddy now has had the Evo upgrade done to his car and is looking to do more. All I've done since our last encounter was a DIY air intake. We'll prolly race again in the morning and I'll let ya'll know how that turns out.

Comment

Sorry to say but, I only have i/h/e and from a dig to about 80 my front bumper was at the back bumper of a vr6 jetta. The 2.0 jetta is a definate kill though..The vr6 is a no...
                  (\__/)
                  (O.o )
                  (> < ) This is Bunny. He will eat your face.

Comment

tire speed rating has nothing to do with grip...

Comment

Working...
                    X