F22b head on f22a1 block timing belt issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22b head on f22a1 block timing belt issue

So I recently installed my f22b dohc head on my f22a1 block. When I received the head it came with everything needed for the swap, the cog gear and 2 main timi g belts. I went to install both belts. One belt which I believe was the h23 belt was to big. I even swapped back to the f22a gear and belt was still to loose with full tension.

Belt 2 which I'm not sure what it is I'm assuming gsr timing belt is super tight but when rotated it loosens. Now the problem get I can't get the tensioner to reach the mount to where the tensioner bolt near the spring goes.
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Anyone whose done chime in. I bought new belts same issue.. h23 belt doest work
    NEW CB

new

Comment

When I made it work years ago I used h23 lower gear and 95 GSR belt and it worked perfect. But now I'm having issues with it slipping the only thing I changed were valves and cam gears. My plan was to buy h23 water pump and h23 belt and see how it did. If you look in the last few pages of my members thread Cisco (HondaFan81). Gave really good info on this. Problem with his method is finding a f20a water pump.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Hmmm, that's what I'm worried about. The belt walking off or slip the timing
        NEW CB

new

Comment

Working...
        X