Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Stock F22A6 w/ H2U5 5SPD sluggish, giving different codes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock F22A6 w/ H2U5 5SPD sluggish, giving different codes.

Hey ya'll. So here's a breakdown of what's been happening.

Last week: CEL code 43/Fuel System

>starts driving sluggish, feels like there's not enough air/fuel getting into the engine, zero acceleration regardless of throttle position

>change into another gear and it'll drive just fine for a little bit, then CEL where the sluggishness will stop due to car running off of the basemap... or so I suspect.

two days ago: CEL code 43/Fuel System

>change fuel filter with vatozone brand

yesterday: Honestly I don't even think I checked the code this time, I went and changed the oxygen sensor immediately after pulling into the garage.

>top speed is now 38MPH in any gear, it literally would not go any faster until the car threw the CEL and ran off of the basemap again, therefore allowing me to drive her home within a reasonable amount of time

>change oxygen sensor with Denso sensor, replacing the old Bosch that had been on the car for the past 10k miles or so.

today: CEL code 1/Oxygen Sensor

>drove pretty good this morning, but still felt like it wasn't getting enough oomph when the throttle was applied. CEL on the way back home.

Not sure why it's going wrong this time. I'm thinking it may be the harness and I should splice some new wiring to get it running on the road again without getting 15MPG.

Any ideas? The condition of the car is a little... rough around the edges, but she's got it where it counts. Engines' rebuilt and unfortunately there is a distributor leak so I'm going to get to cleaning later and then checking the harness for any obvious rips so I can replace the seals tomorrow when they come in. Should I also hondabond/use dielectric grease on the connectors?

Regardless of throttle position? Check the Throttle Position Sensor.

Code 1 troubleshooting:
    - reset the ECM (remove 7.5 amp fuse in under hood fuse box)
    - warm engine up
    - with car in 4th gear, starting at 1600 rpm, accelerate at WOT for 5 seconds, decel for 5 seconds with full closed throttle
    - if no code, intermittent failure, check connectors for O2, ECM, and engine harness at right shock tower
    - if Code 1 returns, troubleshoot for Code 43

Code 43 troubleshooting:
    - if code is accompanied by the MIL and poor driveability (your symptoms) - go to Fuel Supply System

Fuel Supply system troubleshooting table indicates:
    * For Misfire or rough running
    - 1 Fuel Inector
    - 2 Injector Resistor
    - 3 Contaminated fuel

* For Loss of Power:
    - 1 Fuel filter
    - 2 Contaminated fuel
    - 3 Fuel Injector
    - 3 Injector Resistor
    - 3 Fuel pump
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 02-10-2018, 08:18 PM.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I would return that o2 sensor and get another. Sometimes they’re faulty right out of the box. Also, be sure to reset your ecu once you’ve replaced parts.

Comment

Working...
      X