Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22A1 Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A1 Rebuild

basically my f22a1 took a dump on me. something shot through the bottom of the engine. im guessing broken rod. so i have another that is in good shape i think and im gonna rebuild it. i took the head off and the valves and pistons dont seem to have ever hit or anything. im plannin on taking the bottom end apart soon. checkin everything for for any broken parts, then im hoping to just put it back together. any comments? ill post pics soon.

Comment-This ain't a Facebook status update site, most if not all members post their problems in threads and have people help them out...you have a problem and pretty much know what to do. This may sound mean but I don't believe anyone really cares, you're on the right track though.

Get a new block, I'm pretty sure you spun a rod . To prevent this is pretty much build your new bottom end even though a fairly new one or one from the junkyard would be cheaper unless your in the process of building for nitrous or turbo then take advantage of this moment and drop some money on your block.

And this time try not to ignore the knocking warning sounds called Rod knock coming from your block....a spun rod bearing can lead to plenty of other problems.

Also your head might be full of metal shavings in this case, even though they aren't thick shavings or visible in the oil , its already all over your internals.

Originally posted by deevergote
    .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

Originally posted by turboAccordHSF View Post
      Comment-This ain't a Facebook status update site, most if not all members post their problems in threads and have people help them out...you have a problem and pretty much know what to do. This may sound mean but I don't believe anyone really cares, you're on the right track though.

Get a new block, I'm pretty sure you spun a rod . To prevent this is pretty much build your new bottom end even though a fairly new one or one from the junkyard would be cheaper unless your in the process of building for nitrous or turbo then take advantage of this moment and drop some money on your block.

And this time try not to ignore the knocking warning sounds called Rod knock coming from your block....a spun rod bearing can lead to plenty of other problems.

Also your head might be full of metal shavings in this case, even though they aren't thick shavings or visible in the oil , its already all over your internals.
      1. Stop being a prick.

2. If you read, he is rebuilding a good core that he obtained.

3. Usually the bottom ends are good and can do a re-ring type rebuild. Have the cylinder head rebuild.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by turboAccordHSF View Post

rude

yea just take your time taking every thing apart and use some ziplock baggies to stay orginized and number which bearings from which cylinder
        and number rods and pistons.
        inspecting the bearing surfaces for scratches on the crank. and dont forget about the thrust bearing
        if the bearings are super clean and no sign wear you can reinstall and retorque
        but main bearings and rod bearings are cheap so migh as well put new while your in there. new oil pump is a good investment also.
        Budget Street is offline working in the shop

drop the mouse and pick up a wrench

Good for you. You don't even know how to spell VTEC.

Comment

i threw a rod once. all i did was get another block and swapped the head and thats what im runnin now. i believe i spun a bearing, im keeping a check on oil alot better. ive learned my lesson. but ya clean the head good, ide get a new wp and timing belt at this point. i mean its all apart anyways right?

how built are you trying to build? what are the goals?
          Accord SE

93se
          Members Ride
          Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
          Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
            1. Stop being a prick.

2. If you read, he is rebuilding a good core that he obtained.

3. Usually the bottom ends are good and can do a re-ring type rebuild. Have the cylinder head rebuild.
            ...prick?.....not trying to start shit with you wed3k but I wasn't trying to be rude honestly, I re-read his thread and didn't really find a question just a problem and his own solution....and he just wanted comments so...I gave him a comment..I didn't offend him or tried to...so personally I'm not trying to be a prick....

If I tried to post a thread titled "blown Turbo"...and stated...."I blew my turbo , I can clearly see oil in the Cold housing and its not holding boost its 10 psi and then drops...ima go ahead and swap the turbo for a new one any comments?"....

Even you or deev ...would tried to correct me and try to say something....

.......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

yeah well thanks everyone except turboaccordhse.
              i just wanted some advice see what people thought.
              i have my second f22a1 taken apart all the way. i haven't removed the engine out of my cb7 yet. but ill get to it. and ill be sure to take lots of pics and label everything. i want to tuck some wires maybe too at that point so ill be checkin the diys alot haha. if anyone wants to post links or any NICE opinions i always appreciate it to the fullest! thank you cb7ers!

Comment

Originally posted by budget street View Post
                rude

yea just take your time taking every thing apart and use some ziplock baggies to stay orginized and number which bearings from which cylinder
                and number rods and pistons.
                inspecting the bearing surfaces for scratches on the crank. and dont forget about the thrust bearing
                if the bearings are super clean and no sign wear you can reinstall and retorque
                but main bearings and rod bearings are cheap so migh as well put new while your in there. new oil pump is a good investment also.
                also very helpful info thank you!

Comment

Nice to see some in house fire protection. I can see turboaccordhses' point ...but not a need for him to say so. I see so many dumb spelling and crappy sentence formations and even my own dumb posts..that I have to turn my head and say ..just see if you can help or agree even if no questions were asked.
                  I had the same problem in the wagon and friends swapped it with another..in-n-out...drive home and done.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                  New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                  My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

i learned alot wedk dont take no shit yo!
                    This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                    i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

old thread bump

wonder how OP made out
                      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

im in the process currently of taking apart, inspecting, cleaning,a spare F22a6 (got a full92 EX parts car for 100$ 'Wanda') and if all is good which so far looks to be alright porting and polishing everything then sending it to a shop to be resurfaced if need be hopefully doing a mild build so that when i build the engine later on down the road i will all ready have some pistons and connecting rods and later maybe a cam and valve springs, but as for now i am getting the big stuff out of the way like taking the balancer shafts out, new oil pump, water pump, and forged pistons and rods and then ifigure upgrading more will be a lot easier if i get some of the big stuff done now is there any suggestions of what else i should take care of now and what about conecting rod bearings(ithink thats what they are called) are oem fine or should i upgrade those too not sure if i read thatif your rpms will be higher then 8k i think then yes up grade but if not then no, am i mistaken? and what is considered a high revving F22 because whatever it is thats the goal i wanna go for is eventually a higher revving f22 with itbs any suggestions on what else to do now with the motor apart?
                        Last edited by Mar10; 05-09-2016, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Please don't resurrect old threads. People will be replying to the original post, not you. That helps no one.

Comment

Working...
                          X