Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BITOG -- Bob is the Oil Guy

Hollllllyyyyyyy sh*t....

If you're like me, knowing little about engine oils/lubricants and just going by what the manual recommends and passing references from those a bit more knowledgable when picking up oil for your next change, you absolutely need to give this series a read if you care anything about the longevity of your engine. If you think that 0W-30 grade motor oil is somehow incompatible for use in a transmission calling for a 75W-90 grade, do yourself a favor and click the link.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/motor-oil-101/

I'm sure the website has been plugged before, and hopefully the series has as well, but it's definitely worth a new topic, IMO.

The series was fairly well organized, although some of the wording was jumbled (mixing "weight" with "viscosity" with "grade", which is really what the whole thing is clarifying to begin with) and I would have done a couple of the tables a bit differently (e.g. reworded headings, clarified a few points). But, everything makes sense once you understand what was intended. Definitely worth the read.

I can give a quick run-down of the major points I learned if anyone is interested, but there really is no substitute for arming yourself with a real understanding.
Working...
X