Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bad News...New Engine Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad News...New Engine Swap

Today, I got some bad news... Got my car looked at today after I notice some smoke coming out of my tail pipe that smelled like burnt oil. I need a head gasket, being that this my only car at the time I decided to put a new engine it that engine that I want. But I need a little help. I have a 1991 Honda Accord EX and I am looking to put a Prelude engine in but I don't know what year would fit in my car as well as will I have to change trans as well? These are questions that are really plaguing my mind right now. I don't want to get rid of her, I want to fix her, can someone help me PLEASE!

There are metric tons of information for engine swaps in the "Swaps" section of the forums. I promise that all your answers are there.

Any year can "fit" as long as you end up with it being OBDI compatible.
    Your F trans can bolt up, but it really neuters the engine imo. The short gears is what makes it fun.

If you want to fix the car, replace the headgasket. If you are ready to do a swap, then you can for sure replace a headgasket. Also, you need a second opinion on the diagnosis. A burnt oil smell doesn't necessarily mean a bad HG...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

All the info you need is in the swaps section of this forum. The 92-95 H22A engine is the best choice in terms of performance and ease of installation. That swap is very well documented here. Please read through the H22A swap threads. Once you've done that, we'll be happy to assist with any questions you may have.

And yes, the burnt oil smell doesn't necessarily mean a bad head gasket. It could be as simple as spark plug tube seals, or as severe as piston rings. Head gasket or tube seals are actually fairly simple to fix... far easier than an engine swap. Piston rings would be nearly as much work, though (so swapping in that case might not be a bad choice.) Still, I swapped when my transmission started grinding gears, so I know how you feel. Sometimes an annoying problem is just the thing you need to inspire a major upgrade!

Comment

New the Lingo &amp; Site

I did look at the swap portion of cb7 but nothing makes sense to be on there, and unfortunately I can't post anything on there because I am new to this it wouldn't allow me to post to that side. I just never had this problem with any honda I've had.

Comment

Originally posted by Honda.Girl.1993 View Post
          I did look at the swap portion of cb7 but nothing makes sense to be on there, and unfortunately I can't post anything on there because I am new to this it wouldn't allow me to post to that side. I just never had this problem with any honda I've had.
          If nothing makes sense to you there then you probably arent able to complete an engine swap. If youre taking it to someone to get swapped then theyll know how to do it as its actually extremely simple for an engine swap.
          Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

Comment

Cb

I will NEVER SELL my CB.

Comment

nobody said anything about selling your car.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Deever you're right, I had to replace my clutch so I used it as a reason to swap my f20b in. I love it so far... That vtec crossover and the 8200 red line is great. I noticed exactly what you meant about the torque difference between the h22. Gotta get the revs pretty high if u wanna move. But I love it so far

Comment

Thanx deevergote

Comment

I don't know your mechanical skill but based on your questions I don't think you will be able to swap the motor successfully.

Also as others have said "smoke from the tailpipe" is not a good indication of a blown head gasket. Do you have coolant under the oil cap? Bubbles in the radiator overflow tank while the engine is running? Low compression?

What's your goal here? More power? Why do you want a H22?
                      1992 EX, 306,000 miles - Track toy - M2S4, H23A1, ST rear swaybar, Wagon brakes, GC coil sleeves, KYB AGX dampers, Stoptech pads, Toyo Proxes R1R, 2.25" exhaust

Stock F22A6
                      VIR, 5/22/2016: https://youtu.be/eR5-ylSPsxk

H23A1 powered
                      NCCAR, 9/4/2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI5WpxGrEpE
                      CMP, 10/16/2016: https://youtu.be/DOqoe5f-GLY

Comment

Working...
                      X