Transmission code 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission code 15

How do i diagnose code 15 for an auto tranny?
    15-Kick down switch circuit shorted...
    but i don't know what that is. searched not much help..

If it is one of the solenoids.. is it the upper or lower solenoid?
    Last edited by sirs1ayer; 05-31-2007, 04:08 AM.
    uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

BUMP
    please.

Comment

wow no one can help with this can they?

Comment

<bump>

Comment

anyone? I have the same exact problem

Comment

I have both the chiltons and the Haynes. Ill look into it. I dont want a auto post thread to just die for no reason. IF i cant help then maybe some one with an official CB7 HONDA Service Manual can.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
              I have both the chiltons and the Haynes. Ill look into it. I dont want a auto post thread to just die for no reason. IF i cant help then maybe some one with an official CB7 HONDA Service Manual can.
              Thanks man, that would be great

Comment

could you search again for the TCU code 15 ? Im looking at the chilton it doesnt say anything about board or circuit however there is a cable on the auto shifter and the transmission that can be adjusted although i doubt your may be in need. Eh the Haynes goes into better detail about the throttle adjustments as well as shifters and interlock system ( the thing that moves when you push the brakes so you can move the shifter). sry I cant help dude. . . as for a download of the honda service manual some where on here

Comment

Also you may try to see if your tcu is burnt. Take it out open it up and check to see if you have some bernt resistors. HEY ALSO WHAT ARE YOUR SYMPTOMS?

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
                    Also you may try to see if your tcu is burnt. Take it out open it up and check to see if you have some bernt resistors. HEY ALSO WHAT ARE YOUR SYMPTOMS?
                    First thing man, I appreciate your effort in trying to help your fellow cb7tuner
                    the symptoms are after the car warm up and after it shift hard it starts to have problem shifting into the proper gear and it also takes longer to shift into gear once I put the car in park. Its hard to explain man, its really weird. I already checked the tcu for any sign of burnt resistor but it looks just fine. This could possibly be that is time to do a 5spd swap taht or sell it for cheap and get another car

Comment

i have really weird symptoms too.
                      When i start it up it shifts fine for a few minutes, then after a while it'll just either sit there like Halfway in gear? I can go and it pulls (not to full potential) and then eventually pops in neutral and won't go back in gear.
                      i'll turn the car off for 1 minute or so and it'll go back in gear fine again.
                      I just had my TCU TPS and both solenoids replaced (JUNK solenoids no idea if the bottom one works)
                      but i only get code 15.

Comment

bizzump

Comment

most likely if your car has a drivability issue, your tranny is gone. however, if you ugys do not want to replace it yet, there is a nm speed sensor on the left sode of the very bottom of the trans that you can replace before replacing the tranny. try that first, and if not, then the tranny.
                          The beginning of a new era............................
                          165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                          184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Boom Bumpshot

Comment

K so i suspected it might have been the bottom solenoid on my tranny, when i replace it, with the one i had originally it goes to code 2, problem with lockup B solenoid... so that solenoid is bad.., BUT when i replace it with one that works it gives me code 15..
                              i don't have either of the codes at the same time only when i replace the lockup b solenoid.

Comment

Working...
                              X