No announcement yet.

spark plugs snapped in h22 head...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will do. ill be updating this thread daily w/ pics and progress.

for parts upgrades, here's what I have in mind:

Mahle H22220425D10 Pistons:
    - 87mm Bore
    - 90mm Stroke
    - 10cc Dome Vol.
    - 11.5:1 CR

Eagle H22 Rods

ACL Race Bearings

Crower 63422-2 Stage 2 Cams

Crower 84167 Spring/TI Retainer kit

Adjustable Cam Gears

Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley

Port & Polish Head and Intake Manifold

OEM Gaskets, seal, timing/balancer belt

Manual tensioner conversion

Apexi VAFC Neo (not going all out on the ECU tuning)

suggestions?

Comment

get a competition valve job.

i did mine and i get very little leak down. (instead of grinding it dry, we use it with an oil based lubricant and the seats come out bitchin)
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        get a competition valve job.

i did mine and i get very little leak down. (instead of grinding it dry, we use it with an oil based lubricant and the seats come out bitchin)
        Ferrea F1823P and F1824P any good?

Comment

I torque mine to feel...no issues sucks man! Hope you get 'er fixed
          ____

Comment

damn ben!

thats why i dont spec shit...i just tighten till its snug.

well here comes yet another badass car for you sir, have fun!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

im asumming those are valves. i dont really have any knowledge on ferrea valves.

i know they make the "higher compression" valves with the flat ends. i know they are polished as well but i dont see any reason why the stock valves should suffice. with only a stage two cam, there's no need to go oversize either. the only other benefit would be weight but it seems like you arent trying to squeeze every little drop of hp because if you were id suggest about 1000 dollars worth of hondata and tuning.

you can still do a 35 degree backcut on the stock valve. i actually do that to all my valvejobs since it makes grinding the 45 degree face a little easier.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                im asumming those are valves. i dont really have any knowledge on ferrea valves.

i know they make the "higher compression" valves with the flat ends. i know they are polished as well but i dont see any reason why the stock valves should suffice. with only a stage two cam, there's no need to go oversize either. the only other benefit would be weight but it seems like you arent trying to squeeze every little drop of hp because if you were id suggest about 1000 dollars worth of hondata and tuning.

you can still do a 35 degree backcut on the stock valve. i actually do that to all my valvejobs since it makes grinding the 45 degree face a little easier.
                If i sent you my valves, could you do them up?

Comment

Originally posted by Phempa View Post
                  If i sent you my valves, could you do them up?
                  i would need the head because i match each seat to each valve.
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

I would skip the afc and get a real tune, it wont cost a lot more but it will run a lot better. Find someone in your area that dyno tunes with crome, neptune, or something similar.
                    1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
                    newer race video,older race videos
                    1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
                    1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

I can't believe people actually use a torque wrench on spark plugs.

13lbs isn't shit. It's 2.4 cunt hairs tighter than snug.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

How in gods name did that happen though? The ceramic portion just poped right out of the threads... Personally, i have NEVER seen that, and i bring heads and blocks to my machine shop all day long. GL with the rebuild. I can however garuntee they will get them out without damaging the threads on the head. I wish i had pics of the B-18 head that our machinist was re-welding for a pro- racer. Running 38 lbs of boost on a car that isnt meant for more then 20, was NOT a good idea at 12K RPM (i'll ask him for the pics.)
                        90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                        2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

good luck

Comment

Working...
                          X