Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wiring problem!!! help!!! i need to fix or ill get pulled over!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring problem!!! help!!! i need to fix or ill get pulled over!!!

ok so one of my headlights is not working, when i turn on the headlight switch only one of the headlights turn on, heres the thing though, so do the high beams, but they turn on at half the voltage making it seem like i have DRLs.

i checked if i have a faulty ballast or bulb, but the bulb works fine its just that connection, and idk how to fix it.....its as if the high beams where drawing power from the headlight circuit

any ideas?

i need to fix this asap, cops around here look for any reason to pull people over, especially if u drive a loud lowered honda with one HID out
    1992 Honda Accord Lx
    [/I][/I][/I]

prongs?

when i installed my hids, the one point were i got a little issue was lining up the point where the stock wire harness, connects to the "female" hid connection cord, if the prong(s) are slightly bent the wont make connection with the other side.. just a thought

Comment

whatever it is it's causing the fuse to blow, i checked the fuse box and one of the headlight fuses was blown i made sure all the connections were good i used a multimeter and replaced the fuse. it happened again.

idk what the hell is wrong

this is frustrating
      1992 Honda Accord Lx
      [/I][/I][/I]

Comment

my guess is there hids. if s0 it s0unds like a bad gr0und.als0 check were the bulb wire meet the hid balast wires and make sure that the pr0ngs are pused in all the way s0 they t0uch.thats all i g0t f0r n0w

my new turbo build

Comment

I had this problem just opposite. i had one of my high beams that didnt work. the only way i got this to be fixed was when i took apart my headlights to fix my projector. I had to unplug everything then re-attached it all and that fixed the problem. so maybe if you disconnect and reconnect everything it might fix your problem. thats just my thought. hope that works for you

Comment

imo i just say recheck all of your connections thoroughly
            what shall not
            kill you shall
            only make you
            STRONGER

Comment

Plug in your oem bulbs and replace the fuse. If the problem disappears, it's either one or both HIDs. Try plugging in one at a time and see what happens.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

i replaced one of the HIDs with a regular bulb and now they work fine, but my car looks weird with one HID and one regular light i guess i need a new ballast
                1992 Honda Accord Lx
                [/I][/I][/I]

Comment

Working...
                X