Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I want to lower my car

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to lower my car

I need some suggestions on what I should get in order to lower my car, price isn't that big of an issue. I am just looking to get the best out of my money. I would also like to know about camber kits and how exactly they work. Thanks. I know I'm a noob but I'm trying to learn

Click For MRT

if price wasnt an issue:
    Function and form type 1 coilovers
    http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/...at=2528&page=1

these are teh siht. havent rode on them in a cb but other cars they are great and you can slam your car if you wanted to

about the camber kits....idk anything about them as you can see hah
    buy a camber kit if you dont fel like changing tires every few months
    -Tyler

Comment

camber kits: Lower than 2 inches, YOU NEED EM. i've chewed a lot of tires, and I'm only around 3 inches down.

spc makes a good front camber kit that i use. for the rear. extended bolt and washer trick for me.
      Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Freshagen View Post
        camber kits: Lower than 2 inches, YOU NEED EM. i've chewed a lot of tires, and I'm only around 3 inches down.

spc makes a good front camber kit that i use. for the rear. extended bolt and washer trick for me.
        whats that trick????ive never heard of it
        -Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by tm123 View Post
          whats that trick????ive never heard of it
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=56281

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

if price wasnt an issue:

these are teh siht. havent rode on them in a cb but other cars they are great and you can slam your car if you wanted to

these actually are not that expensive! thats how much i paid for my tein ss coilovers though ( from a buddy)

Comment

dude that site even has FREE SHIPPING! all you will pay is no joke 630! thats awesome. im considering get a pair!

Comment

lol well glad i exposed that linky
                i would get a set if i had the money fasho!
                -Tyler

Comment

yea its like best of the best coil overs for dirt cheap prices! everyone need a pair!

Comment

i have my FF1 for sale n cheap

Comment

if you have somethig to sell go to the classfieds. read the stickys you cant sell in the fourm other than the classfieds buddy.

Comment

there are many existing threads similar to yours, OP, just search around

one piece for sure if you can afford.
                        sleeve overs with GOOD adjustable struts and camber correction
                        my fav.--- lowering springs, good struts, and still camber correction.

i remember i was dropped an inch and a half on one of my old CBs. no problems. went to 2.25" and the toe issues ensued. just don't cheap out is the trick

life is good.

Comment

F&F Type 2s are made specifically for the CB7. Not sure about the Type 1. They're decent, either way.

Personally, I'd avoid adjustable coilovers if you don't need them, or don't know what you're doing with them. I would get the Neuspeed Super Cup Kit. A perfectly matched set of springs and shocks.

Ingalls and SPC are the camber kit brands to look at. Anything else can be dangerous.

Whatever you do, don't get cheap crap. Don't lower on stock shocks. Don't go lower than 2" without a camber kit (I've chewed tires being dropped only 1.8"...) Don't drive without getting an alignment after doing ANYTHING to your suspension.

Comment

if price wasnt an issue:

Thanks those look sweet! and definitely on my to do list.

Click For MRT

Comment

Sweet Trick! I might just have to do that

Click For MRT

Comment

Working...
                              X