Wheel adapter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel adapter question

I recently purchased some wheels and the seller "didnt know" they werent 4x114. So hes agreed to go halves ona set of adapters with me. I was wondering if there were any brands youd suggest or stay away from. links would be greatly appreciated as well! thanks

gabe
    Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
    The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

what are you adapting to?

You should use the thick adapters. It's mostly a block of metal anyway. As long as the studs are quality you should be fine.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

If I were you I'd get your money back. You don't want to use adapters. There's nothing good, or safe, about them. Let him sell them to someone that can actually use them. If he doesn't agree with it then you should sell them. I the future, research things before you buy them.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        If I were you I'd get your money back. You don't want to use adapters. There's nothing good, or safe, about them. Let him sell them to someone that can actually use them. If he doesn't agree with it then you should sell them. I the future, research things before you buy them.
        Yeah -_- I dont really want to sell them though. Ive already invested quite a bit of time and effort into them. i was just thinking of having them redrilled if the adapter issue didnt work out.

Check out my MRT!

The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Comment

I used adapters to put SAAB wheel on mine back when I had it. Mind you, mine were custom made one offs and were hub centric on both sides. I never had a single problem.

I have some E*** ones for my Tercel, but since it is unfinished as yet I can't repot in quality, but they were cheap as hell.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
            dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Originally posted by High5er View Post
              Yeah -_- I dont really want to sell them though. Ive already invested quite a bit of time and effort into them. i was just thinking of having them redrilled if the adapter issue didnt work out.
              how much time and energy could you have in a set of wheels that you didn't even know the lug pattern of?

If they are forged, rare wheels, re-drilling can mess up the metal structure created by the forging process that has been meticulously engineered. if they are cheaper cast wheels, or ones that can still be bought, they aren't worth the cost or effort to re-drill. It's almost never a good idea.

sell them and buy something that fits.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                how much time and energy could you have in a set of wheels that you didn't even know the lug pattern of?

If they are forged, rare wheels, re-drilling can mess up the metal structure created by the forging process that has been meticulously engineered. if they are cheaper cast wheels, or ones that can still be bought, they aren't worth the cost or effort to re-drill. It's almost never a good idea.

sell them and buy something that fits.
                Sorry, craigslisters aren't exactly the most honest breed of people. Didn't know.

Check out my MRT!

Comment

What's the bolt pattern of the wheels?
                  "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
                    What's the bolt pattern of the wheels?
                    Well I had no idea at that point. I knew they weren't 4x114 obviously lol. I measured them. Properly. And I got a tiny bit over 4 inches. So I'm assuming it's 4x108 because 100mm is about 3.9in. It was definitely above 4"

Check out my MRT!

Comment

Pic of wheels?

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                      dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
                        Pic of wheels?

These are the only ones on my photobucket at the moment. Sorry for the poor quality.

Check out my MRT!

Comment

Working...
                        X