No announcement yet.

jdm92_accorn : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lmk about that header plan, kinda interested haha!

yeah for sure!! i want it too because i need to keep stuff looking oem for these california enforcers. the aem looks sweet, but i worry ill get that one cop that does more than he should.

we probably going to have to cut the bottom of it, so ill see what i can do to save as much of the structure as possible
    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

I'm going to try weighing the hood and trunk today. I'm looking into another carbon hood and maybe adding a carbon trunk this time.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Carbon truuuuunk...... :drool:

Comment

Thanks again for all the help recently.

It's funny you mention carbon hood and trunks. I've heard great things about this company: Carbon Creations

Our Sedan Trunk
          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

How did u compensate for the milled head? I have no idea how to go about that one.

I want to go .010-.020 Maybe more if I can, is .025-.030 possible ontop of a f22a block with a bisi stage 2 cam?

Comment

Honestly my first head I shaved .045" with a bisi lvl2 and a stock cam gear. Never had any reliability problems. I'd recommend .020" though. That'll give you about 3cc out of the combustion chamber. Should be good for .4 more (9.2 on f22a, 9.7 on f23).

Comment

So u didn't change cam timing with that much off?
                Jarrett recommended a adjustable cam gear to compensate but if it's an unecessary expense at .020" I'll put it toward a skunk 2 intake manifold.

On that subject, which would perform better given my application, the skunk 2 with 66mm tb, or h23/f22a6 combo with 66mm tb? I've decided to drop the 70mm idea after reading ur tb results.

And I'm a bit confused, to use the f23 pulley do I need to delete my PS? Jarrett said something to that effect I believe. I don't want to lose PS but I dont especially like the idea of using the f22a pulley..

And finally, what header would u use aside from a bisi, it's just outta my budget, which is $4,000. And I can't even find the f22a cam on his site or header, is he done with us F guys?

You know, if u wanted to put together a build list that was on budget u think would perform at or better than an h22 I'd take it without question lol
                I doubt anyone here planning an F build would pass up on something like that considering ur like the guru of this subject.

Btw, we can totally keep this in pm's if u want. I just thought publicly discussing it would help people like me in the future that want to build this godly F motor understand it better.
                Last edited by CB7DX420; 12-21-2014, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Bisi is not done with with F guys, he's just not on here anymore. You just need to call Bisimoto directly and speak with their sales representative, Janet. A few months ago I ordered a cam, valves, and springs from them and all is well, so far.
                  *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                  ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                  ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                  "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                  The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                  Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Hey, accorn (sorry I don't know ur real name lol) if and or when u go to the custom PLM header, would u be interested in selling ur bisi header? If not, what about making a plm I could buy from u? Name ur price and ill try to see if I can afford it.

On a similar note, u sold ur ported head for 350 a while back, would u be interested in doing some porting? Again name ur price and I'll see if I can afford it, I know I could do 350+shipping easy if that includes the price of a head.

Comment

does that trunk have the removable license plate garnish too? the demo pic looks one-piece, but all subsequent pics look like its a separate piece
                      blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

If you want to run the f23 bottom end you need to run a f23 damper or an ati that is balanced for the f23 like I did. PS pulley clearances are very tight. You may be able to use it with PS but you probably won't be able to remove the crank damper without dropping the motor. Only way to know for sure is to try it yourself. As far as doing cylinder head work and the headers, I would love to offer something like that but I honestly just don't have the time right now and turn around time would be way too long. Best bang per buck header is a cheap megan racing with a tru 2-1 2.5" merge on it like the ones offered from vibrant. To P5ylance, I think the vis uses the oem plastic 92-93 sedan garnish and I think the carbon creations is one piece. I've used vis, the quality and fitment was pretty good. On a side note, I went playing in the mud with a Subaru friend. These things do fairly well, lol.

Comment

I have been getting a lot of pm's about this lately. I used f22 timing belt, waterpipe, oil restrictor, ds engine mount bracket and thermostat housing with F23 head gasket and crank damper. I do have maps saved for f23 with bisimoto level 2 cam and rdx injectors on hondata. I'm sorry but I have spent alot of money for tuning this setup and I'm not giving it away for free. I will email it to you for $50. I think that is a fair price considering it will cost you $150+ for an hour of tuning at most reputable shops and most are unfamiliar with the f-series so it will generally take an hour just for basemap.

Comment

Well I'm just lost when it comes to the pulley man...
                            What do u mean without dropping the motor?...I have it sitting out of a car and in my shed lol is that what u mean by drop?
                            And, pardon my misunderstanding, but what's a "ds" engine mount? Driver side?

I guess i dont get how I'm supposed to use the f23 pulley if there's no room for it???
                            And all the ati's I find cost an arm and a leg and completely Un does the cost effectiveness of the whole build...plus all of em say they're for an h22?
                            I've looked at 3 f23a's and all of them are dual row pulleys, I've yet to see a single row as mentioned by u earlier in this thread... I'm assuming I'm gonna just have to lose my PS?
                            ... but how would that clear any room?, the belt being on doesn't make the pulley wider..is it the PS lines that are in the way?... IM SO LOST!!!
                            I really hope maybe u can help me out man or I'm gonna end up on my A4 block because this whole f23 thing is starting to sound like a big pita....

I'd be glad to pay 50 bucks for a basemap if u think it'd work ok with injectors the same size but not from an rdx?

Sorry for cluttering ur MRT with my ignorance on the subject. I just really need to know what I'm doing before I tear into the CB. And I don't want to over extend my $4,000 budget because I don't have a cent more to my name and I've been saving for about a year and a half to get that much
                            Last edited by CB7DX420; 12-22-2014, 05:43 PM.

Comment

I meant if it does fit it will be with all the pulleys and belts already on due to the fact that the power steering pulley on the damper sticking out another 1" or so. You could find a reputable machine shop to turn the outer pulley off the damper. Ds is driver Side. I'm talking about the timing cover side mount. The notch in the block is for the timing mark on the flywheel, the f23 doesn't have it.

Comment

Answered pretty much all my questions. I found an 80k mile F23 block and picked up an A6 head so I'm ready to get started. The T2T4 trans is gonna cost about as much as the engine build
                                Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                                ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X