Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

diy $3.60 short shifter..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diy $3.60 short shifter..

i wanted to make a short shifter like the guys on the forum. so i went to lowes racing hehe. and as i walk around i found this for pluming copper pipes. i bought it cause it already came with two screws. all i needed was the nut and it took me 5 min to install really easy. take a look at pic. if u confused. ask questions.

contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

not bad for the price, pretty creative bro...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

post before & after pics...

Comment

How is the results....??? Is it good?

Isn´t the gear shift time the same? I think that the transmission is slow.

It must be because of the wire connection between shifter and the gearbox....
        Do not underestimate the power af a CB7!!

Comment

nice work there! what is that piece for the copper pipes called at the store? I may pick one up and try it out. Let us know of the results. How does the new shift feel?

Members Ride Thread

Comment

well you can feel the throw is shorter and much stiffer like the teggys short shifter. i like it it gives a good feel. and for the store to get it from its lowes or home depot. i dont remember the item number if i get a chance i will post the item num. for now juss go to one of the store and ask for pluming deptartment and search. you will find it. and then go to the hardware dept. and look for nut to fit the skrew
            it doesnt matter how you mount it as long as you mount the cable 1 inch higher than stock. thanks
            Last edited by f20aaccordturbo; 04-29-2006, 04:36 PM.
            contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

Does this cause the cables to rub the underside of the console? I built one of the DIY short shifters a couple months ago but took it out because of the console fitment.
              - Ghosty
              WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
              FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

You should write up a full DIY and post it in the DIY section, I'm sure many people will try it.

Comment

Originally posted by d2privat11
                  You should write up a full DIY and post it in the DIY section, I'm sure many people will try it.
                  A DIY that was probably the basis for this already exists on the board.

Here's a direct link to it http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=short+shifter

The difference here is that f20aaccordturbo has used the plumming piece which is a more 'plug and play' solution rather than drilling holes into the stanley brackets method that the original DIY uses. I really like this idea and I'm going to try it out when I can.

Thanks for the info f20aaccordturbo to you!

Members Ride Thread

Comment

yes in deedy

ghostlyman it does cause the cable to rubup againts the console. if you dont want it to rub cut a piece of where it rubs off till it doesnt rub anymore. what u see on my pic is how imma have it STRIPPED!!!!! and a bare. i have no kids and my siblings all drive so everythings comming out of the car even ac.

and there is aready a diy tread thats how i learn to do this i juss did it my way. cleaner look
                    Last edited by f20aaccordturbo; 04-30-2006, 06:33 PM.
                    contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

when compared to properly weighted short shifters, it's completely different......can't beat it for the price, but the reasons real short shifters (like 4bidden) sell for what they do is because of their strength and balance......counterweighting is a HUGE factor in how smoothly and accurately you can shift........i personally don't like the light feel of a shifter.....feels fragile.......although the stock shifters are usually strong enough, feel matters a lot.....a good solid shifter will usually net better 1/4 times, albeit only milliseconds difference....

Comment

I'm doin this tomorrow!

Comment

went and bought parts today. ill let you know how it turns out.

Comment

cool

dark accord lemme see wut u think. to me its feels stable and doesnt wobble around like the stock shifter. post pics too. oh one other thing i left out, u might need sum type of tread tightner for the nut cause it loosens from time to time. im also gonna grind down the exccess pieces off that is not needed.
                            Last edited by f20aaccordturbo; 04-30-2006, 08:36 PM.
                            contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

hmm...

with this creative DIY, are you sure that every shift (1 -> 5) is correctly thrown into the position?

i believe those people at short shifter company did an extensive research on the new position of the shifter.....therefore, there won't be any complication with the tranny..

i'm currently using Revo Short shifter on my 2002 Civic, btw

Comment

Working...
                              X