Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Importance of fresh fuel before tuning???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importance of fresh fuel before tuning???

Hey all, Have a question regarding filling up with fresh fuel before a tune.

Does it really matter how long I had my tank of 93 before a tune?

I told my buddy its a good idea to fill er up beforehand, as the old fuel had been sitting in there about two months while we did the wire tuck, swap, and troubleshooting phases.

Its been a long process, but we are actually nearing the end... hopefully!!

I would like to hear what the community has to say on this matter

I don't think two month old fuel is going to make a tremendous difference. My SE project may have sat for a year or more before I got it. It started and ran (not well) on what was in the tank; in that case, fresh fuel did make a difference.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

thanks for the reply... This is my assumption and hope it helps the tuner out. And for the sake of a good running and healthy motor!

I've seen various YouTubers go to the extent of filling 10 - 15 gallons of their local 93 or E85 up in gas cans and taking it to a tuning session which is what had me thinking it would be a good idea to at least top off as much as I could prior to my session...

Comment

2 months will not make a difference.

Comment

Unleaded fuel has a shelf life of about 3 months. After that, it absorbs water. Just put some fuel stabilizer in there & it should stay usable for years.

Comment

Two-month-old fuel is fine. If you’re getting tuned (and the engine is very heavily modified), then you’ll probably want to drain it. If you can drive the car, burn some of that old fuel off. Otherwise, fill it up with fresh 93, and it won’t likely be diluted enough to matter. Use a quality tier 1 fuel (like Sunoco), and try to get it from the newest pumps you can find. New pumps have better filtration, and if they’re attached to new tanks, less sediment/water risk.

Also, be sure to check your spark plugs before tuning. Make sure they’re not fouled. Be prepared to slap some new ones in (after checking and setting the gap, of course!)

I once fouled plugs after idling for an hour. Granted, I did it on 5 year old fuel.

Comment

Working...
            X