No announcement yet.

Timing belt snapped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I tried to turn mine over this is how it sounded (mine actually was a little worse):

The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

the honda gods, have let you live.
      GATORS GONNA GATE - - im also here: www.x-h20.com

Comment

No ticking other than the injector making there noises. To be real I think it sounds better than befor........... go figure right. Ill try to post a vid soon.

Comment

yes...PRAISE THE HONDA GODS!

you are very lucky!
          visit vgruk

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...type=2&theater
            I was going to make the video long but I got a phone call in the middle of it.
            Last edited by all_accord; 01-16-2013, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Good to hear . I was going to call you but got held up.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

Lol its good man thinks for the offer anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                  When I tried to turn mine over this is how it sounded (mine actually was a little worse):

How many miles did you have on the snapped belt?
                  Thanks.

Comment

I'm not sure as I bought the car pre-owned. However, I'm going to estimate, and say that the previous owner probably had the original TB replaced at 90K. Using that logic, I would say this belt probably had ~106K or so on it.
                    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Good deal, I was this lucky a month ago. Whew.
                      92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                      2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                      2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Run a compression test ASAP ,I feel your pain that's what happened to mine

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                          I'm not sure as I bought the car pre-owned. However, I'm going to estimate, and say that the previous owner probably had the original TB replaced at 90K. Using that logic, I would say this belt probably had ~106K or so on it.
                          Wow. The previous owner for my CB replaced it at 109K miles. The car now has about 164K miles on it now. I wonder if I should replace it soon? Does time takes effect here as well as miles? How much of an effect does it have?

Thanks.

Comment

Age is probably worse than miles. This is why they usually include years with a warranty
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                              Wow. The previous owner for my CB replaced it at 109K miles. The car now has about 164K miles on it now. I wonder if I should replace it soon? Does time takes effect here as well as miles? How much of an effect does it have?

Thanks.
                              Isn't it 60K miles the recommended replacement interval?

My own as well as my friends' cars (Chevy, Hondas, Nissans and VW) that had timing belt snapped had a little over 100K miles on all of them.
                              A&P-IA

Comment

I think 90k is for gentle non severe use and 60k is the severe interval, so that would mean anytime you do a lot of stop/go driving, or driving in hot climates.

The time warranty i would assume to be 6-7 yrs. After that the rubber in the belt starts to break down and get brittle/nonelastic

member's ride thread
                                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                                91 Accord SE 176k
                                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                                X