Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSP : 5-lug conversion (the all-prelude way)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hs06
    ok i have a lx i am sorted new to the 5 lug swap and i really wanan do it so right now its a lx and i have no rear disk do i have to do rear disk conversion ? or can i jus get the parts and install when i do the 5 bolt conversion? and wat parts do i need on top off the 5 bolt to make rear disk
    Look at the DIY section.
    The first 3 threads are dedicated to 5 lug conversions.
    Front - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=25357
    Rear - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=16241

Comment

- front knuckles (with bearings and hubs still in em) from 97-01 prelude
      - rear hubs and bearings from 97-01 prelude
      - pair of front rotors for 97-01 prelude
      - pair of rear rotors for 97-01 integra type R
      - recommended new pads all around, match them to the calipers you use (front = prelude and rear = accord)
      - driver side axle from a 5th gen accord (correct tranny type matters)

i found most of this why cant jus contiune using wat i also most foudn everything
      GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

found most of this why cant jus contiune using wat i also most foudn everything
        OK so you're doing the ALL-PRELUDE way.
        That would work.
        All you need to do is widen the Accord Lower control arm so that you can use the Prelude Lower ball joint which is bigger than the Accord one (17mm)

Comment

how cna this be done ?
          GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

how cna this be done ?
            Originally posted by cp[mike]
            - LOWER BALL JOINT - the lude uses a larger ball joint with a 19mm nut, the accord uses smaller with a 17mm. SO youll need to either find a way to swap the accord lower ball joint into the lude knuckle, or if you were mauricio, use a grinder and expand out the hole of the lower control arm to accomodate the larger ball joint.
            PM excalibur02

Comment

well does this help that with the prelude kunkles i am gonna gonna get goin complete with trailing arms and stuff?
              GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

well does this help that with the prelude kunkles i am gonna gonna get goin complete with trailing arms and stuff?
                No.

For the front all you need is this...

Comment

ok well i am doin this i am jus gonna upgrade to cross drilled rotors

and wat bout the rears how am i gonna do this conversion

cause i heard all u need on top of this is is 40/40 value and disk conversion brake lines ?
                  GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

For the rear you gotta get this from a 92-93 EX-R Accord

Im selling the rear disc conversion for $140 with everything by the way.

Then you have to follow this...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=16241

Comment

yeye but i heard its not needed do get full because all i have to do is 40.40 value and rear disk brake lines
                      GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

yeye but i heard its not needed do get full because all i have to do is 40.40 value and rear disk brake lines
                        Negative.
                        You NEED to have rear disc to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02
                          From your statement grumpy things are kind of mixed up.

For the front you need to use the ACCORD UCA and LCA. The LCA has to be widened to fit the 19mm lower ball joint..

the only thing you use for the PRELUDE is the knuckle, rotor, and caliper.

our axle nut for the front is 36mm so it does not change whether its lude or cb.

The axle has to be accord 94-95 ex lx dx whatever you want 5spd driver side axle. If the car is automatic then i believe the automatic cd axle can work also as i looked up part numbers for the cb and cd and they are different in length. (dont take my word on this tho)

now for the intermediate shaft it can be any accord one cd or cb both are the same. i have compared this personally.

For the rear 5lug yes mike is correct. ex trailing arms with rear disc. just take out the hub/bearing assembly from 4 lug. put the prelude 5th gen 5 lug hub/bearing assembly put the ITR rotor then put it all back together and you set.

any more info needed just let me know.

oh yea been running my setup strong since the swap from may of 2005!!!
                          Thats jak frost and excalibur ya i have a lx non abs and rear disk this is a plan down the road i just wanted to know what i needed to gather up
                          ~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Im using a BB6 front arm, with modded rear hubs and discs (added an extra stud and drilled another hole on the disc)

I AM using an Accord balljoint upfront, but I made a sleeve around the balljoint and welded it in place.

Then the balljoint is pressed into the arm. Hey Presto!

But THE SAFEST way is to use RA1/2/3/4 front arms.

I am not too sure about the RA6 (similar design to the BB6) but it does have a larger rotor and caliper assembly. The caliper WILL NOT fit inside a 15 inch wheel. 16 is the minimum size.

The RA6, CM6 (Accord V6) and CL1 (JDM Euro-R) share the same rotor size.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                            Honda Accord Euro-R
                            Honda Odyssey Absolute
                            Honda City I-DSi
                            Honda Stream

Comment

for the widening on the hole for the cb LCA i used a die grinder with an air tool.

dont know what die grinder tip i used since it was the only one at the shop.

here is a picture from sears.com its the tip in the middle the cone looking one.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...ie+grinder+tip

btw dont bother doing this with a dremel. it will take to long. your best bet is using a die grinder->air tool!!!
                              Last edited by excalibur02; 02-11-2008, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02
                                for the widening on the hole for the cb LCA i used a die grinder with an air tool.

dont know what die grinder tip i used since it was the only one at the shop.

here is a picture from sears.com its the tip in the middle the cone looking one.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...ie+grinder+tip

btw dont bother doing this with a dremel. it will take to long. your best bet is using a die grinder->air tool!!!
                                Good chit!

Comment

Working...
                                X