Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ROH Knuckle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROH Knuckle question

OK,

Well I've been a member for 2 years and for the first time I have a question that I couldn't find a straightforward answer to by searching. So now my first post.

I have a 92 EX Coupe and I'm getting ready to do the ROH swap, as well as "beef up" to the 11" rotors. I planned on doing a knuckle swap using the knuckle from a 98-99 CL. In my searching I found that the 98 knuckle is different from the 98-99 knuckle and that the 98-99 knuckle wont work. HOWEVER, I then came across someone that has 99 knuckles on his 91 Accord.

So my question is, what knuckles do I need to do a straight-up knuckle for knuckle swap?

I already picked up a set of the VTEC calipers from a 94 Prelude as well as a set of rotors for the same.

My second question - is there a list of cars that come with the 23T bracket out there somewhere?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Well, the CL is based off the CD accord really. The 98-99 2.3 CL I believe uses the same exact front knuckles as the CD accord 4 cyl (prob. should compare part numbers) and CD knuckles I believe are interchangeable w/ the CB. Only diff. is the CL/CD knuckles do not have the cover for the upper b/j nut. Plus also, aren't there a bunch of people that have installed 98-99 CL assy's on their CB's straight from the junkyard?

As far as 23T's, Vigors have those as well.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Granite. As far as this -

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
      Plus also, aren't there a bunch of people that have installed 98-99 CL assy's on their CB's straight from the junkyard?
      That's exactly what I plan on doing since the JY is only going to charge me 50 a side if I take them out myself and I've seen a bunch of posts across the different boards that say "...I picked up a set of CL knuckles..." or ..."I have the CL Knuckles so now I have everything I need to do the swap..." but I've never seen anyone flat out say "Hey I just grabbed a set of knuckles and swapped them out - everything works great."

Everything I've found hints at being able to swap out the knuckles but what year to grab I haven't been able to find out for sure.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...2&postcount=15

This post is one of the best on the subject, according to this, phatdoughnut is using CL front knuckles. Also, it states that the CB - CD - CL knuckles are the same, minus the cover on the CD and CL.

There is also no difference in 98 or 99 2.3CL knuckles, both are 51210-sv4-j52 and 51215-sv4-j52 (right and left). All 2.3CL knuckles are set up for abs too.

Comment

Working...
        X