CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average. Display Modes
Old 10-07-2019, 05:11 AM   #621
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
You should use your phone to get a 1/4" mile time.. ( use an app).
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:37 PM   #622
accordtypeR
Accord of the Month: August 2008

accordtypeR is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to accordtypeR Send a message via Yahoo to accordtypeR
Omg its been soooo freakin long...Nick shes still alive !!!

My Old Baby
....................My New Baby
SOLD TO
..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords
accordtypeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:26 PM   #623
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordtypeR View Post
Omg its been soooo freakin long...Nick shes still alive !!!
Holy long time! Seve how you doing brother? You still down in Orlando? This old girl will never die.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:37 AM   #624
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post
You should use your phone to get a 1/4" mile time.. ( use an app).
Any app you recommend? I’m down to try it. Though I haven’t done much launching. I honestly like 40 rolls. Less chance to break things.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
Old 10-13-2019, 07:38 AM   #625
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpys93 View Post
Any app you recommend? Iím down to try it. Though I havenít done much launching. I honestly like 40 rolls. Less chance to break things.
I know some people have used thier car mounted GPS. I've never done this, so I'm in for the recommendations.

"I am a millionaire. It's a weird thing to hear, right? I tell ya, it's a weird thing to say. I am a f**king millionaire!"

Straight Success is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:41 AM   #626
af_1132
CB7tuner Member

af_1132 is cool... so far.
Send a message via Skype™ to af_1132
Quote:

I am a real fan of this intercooler "front bumper" look on this car. It works for me from the side and front. I know you probably want to get a bumper on there, but I like it, especially for the track (one day...).

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
"Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:55.317
af_1132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:21 AM   #627
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by af_1132 View Post
I am a real fan of this intercooler "front bumper" look on this car. It works for me from the side and front. I know you probably want to get a bumper on there, but I like it, especially for the track (one day...).
I do like the look, always liked seeing cars rolling down the street with a big intercooler. (Gives that look of donít F*#% with me I am fast). But I would only run it that way like you said at the track or maybe to ďshow-offĒ at a local meet. Iím too nervous to drive like that if I were to park it and walk away. The bumper adds some security to it, in case honest people want to do dishonest things.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:41 AM   #628
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Any app you recommend? Iím down to try it. Though I havenít done much launching. I honestly like 40 rolls. Less chance to break things.
I'm trying one called Drag Racer. Uses GPS and just runs all the time when you have it open to record the best 0-60.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:26 AM   #629
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post
I'm trying one called Drag Racer. Uses GPS and just runs all the time when you have it open to record the best 0-60.
I found one that is called race timer, I haven't used it on the car yet, but in my truck it seemed pretty accurate.

Got some new goodies for the car these last two days:

From Christian in Germany:

My plans with these is to do a LED retrofit and redesign the tail light. Not sure how I want it to look but I do like the design of the 2017 GMC Arcadia Limited tail light and I think it may look decent on our cars. If I was good at photoshop, I would try to add the Light Layout to our rear tail lights and see. But Im not computer savvy.

Also got these from Mark:

CRV Retrofitted switches that light up red:

Hopefully I can get these in this weekend and snap a pic for y'all.

Thanks Christian and Mark!
Old 11-03-2019, 07:15 AM   #630
Raf99
Gold Member

so looking at the pics you must have hacked the shit out of the front bumper to make it fit over the intercooler?
Old 11-03-2019, 08:42 AM   #631
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Not as much as you would think. The bumper cover I cut pretty much the entire bottom part gone. There is maybe half an inch left on the bottom splash guard/diffuser thing. Like I mentioned before. I don’t have enough meat to really attach a lip. I’m sure I could make some brackets. As for the reinforcement bar it’s pretty thinned out I can snap pics next time I take the bumper off. But taking the bumper off is easy as it’s only held on by the two bolts that feed into the engine bay and then the quick releases on the fenders.

I’m fighting a boost creep issue right now. It hold solid in 1,2 gear at 15 psi. But then once I hit 4500 rpm( when the cam really does it’s magic) In 3, 4th gear the boost creeps all the way up to boost cut (20psi). I took the MAC solenoid out the equation last night, thinking maybe it failed. But still creeped, so my issue is with the wastegate not opening fully, as a 38 should be able to manage 15psi.

I’m just in the Jet phase of Flight school and it demands a lot of my time to study and then balance the other time with my family. So car wrenching time is extremely limited.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:19 AM   #632
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d is very helpful fleetw00d is very helpful
Good to meet you in person. Thanks for the ride! (my first in a boosted Accord). It'll prepare you for the kick in the backside you get from the F414 engines in the F18.

Edit: Now I'm not so sure I should thank you for the ride, Ruby feels really anemic in comparison.

INVENTORY REDUCTION! LOTS of CB7 parts for sale http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192583 or watch for banner ad at upper right

Last edited by fleetw00d; 11-21-2019 at 08:12 PM.
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:24 PM   #633
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetw00d View Post
Good to meet you in person. Thanks for the ride! (my first in a boosted Accord). It'll prepare you for the kick in the backside you get from the F414 engines in the F18.

Edit: Now I'm not so sure I should thank you for the ride, Ruby feels really anemic in comparison.
Lol! Glad to finally meet you as well Paul! Glad you enjoyed the ride and Ruby is all about comfort! I’m looking forward to that 28,000lbs of thrust those engines produce for sure.

Continuing on with my boost creep trouble shooting, the other day I applied 18-20psi with my air compressor to the wastegate to see if it opens up fine. Which it did and it stayed open as long as the pressure is applied. I looked over the diaphragm for any holes and couldn’t find any. Maybe it’s just time to upgrade to a 44mm.
The problem is my manifold is built for a 2 bolt, so I will either have to buy an adaptor or see if Blake can cut off the 2 bolt and weld on a v band. Then I will also have to modify the dump tube as well.

Money, money, money is all this thing is asking for.

Last edited by Grumpys93; 11-23-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 03:00 PM   #634
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Lol! Glad to finally meet you as well Paul! Glad you enjoyed the ride and Ruby is all about comfort! Iím looking forward to that 28,000lbs of thrust those engines produce for sure.

Continuing on with my boost creep trouble shooting, the other day I applied 18-20psi with my air compressor to the wastegate to see if it opens up fine. Which it did and it stayed open as long as the pressure is applied. I looked over the diaphragm for any holes and couldnít find any. Maybe itís just time to upgrade to a 44mm.
The problem is my manifold is built for a 2 bolt, so I will either have to buy an adaptor or see if Blake can cut off the 2 bolt and weld on a v band. Then I will also have to modify the dump tube as well.

Money, money, money is all this thing is asking for.
Was your manifold made for a 38mm or a 44mm?
Old 11-23-2019, 10:41 PM   #635
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

I don’t believe the manifold was built specifically for either wastegate. As Blake added the port for the wastegate after the manifold was complete. I think the only thing that decides if it’s a 38 or 44 is the flange itself. As the tubing for the wastegate is the same size as the runners for the turbo.

Last edited by Grumpys93; 11-23-2019 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:19 PM   #636
SPLCB7
CB7tuner Member

SPLCB7 is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to SPLCB7
that intercooler is impressive. your not running boost by gear are you its kinda odd that its jumping in boost in those 2 set gears....
Old 11-26-2019, 11:53 PM   #637
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLCB7 View Post
that intercooler is impressive. your not running boost by gear are you its kinda odd that its jumping in boost in those 2 set gears....
I was and thought that, so that's why I disconnected the solenoid and put the wastegate straight to the intake manifold. I think the reason I wasn't seeing it in 1st and 2nd was due to me blowing through the gears before it had a chance to creep.

Much appreciated on the intercooler. I got an awesome deal on it many years ago.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: