CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 08:57 AM   #41
Pazzword JDM
CB7tuner Member

Pazzword JDM is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmoua View Post
Sounds like a scam artist trying to get him to buy stupid shit.
yea kind of, its more bad advice for someone who obviously doesnt have alot of knowledge when it comes to turbo. no offense to the op. when building a turbo car, reliability should be your main concern, who cares what hp and tq numbers youre putting down if you blow your motor after 3 pulls on the dyno. (i did this with an SR20). cheap kits arent going to provide reliability in almost all cases. period.

later.

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185
Pazzword JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:01 AM   #42
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
The OP has already shown me that, while he's not extremely knowledgeable, he's willing and able to learn. A guy like that will do well, as long as he doesn't get lazy and take the easy way out (and the easy way never ends up being easy... or cheap)

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #43
hseriesaccord
Newcomer

hseriesaccord is cool... so far.
haha. don't worry, no offense takin. and yes I'm trying to do it right the first time around. even if I'm trying to boost a pretty much stock motor. ive heard of plenty of h22s being boosted stock at 300hp. I mean I migt not get lucky and get that goal reliably. but I do plan on trying to be safe as possible when doing it. I don't want to blow the motor as soon as I get it turboed. I don't plan on cutting any corners and hopefully I can reach my desired goal. I have been readin a lot about it and trying to figure out a safe way to do it. so hopefully I can make it happen.
hseriesaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #44
Pazzword JDM
CB7tuner Member

Pazzword JDM is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hseriesaccord View Post
haha. don't worry, no offense takin. and yes I'm trying to do it right the first time around. even if I'm trying to boost a pretty much stock motor. ive heard of plenty of h22s being boosted stock at 300hp. I mean I migt not get lucky and get that goal reliably. but I do plan on trying to be safe as possible when doing it. I don't want to blow the motor as soon as I get it turboed. I don't plan on cutting any corners and hopefully I can reach my desired goal. I have been readin a lot about it and trying to figure out a safe way to do it. so hopefully I can make it happen.
i would contact members that have already done it and ask as many questions as possible. people with experience with h22s are who you should be shooting questions at, and hopefully they can give you good answers. good luck with the build

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185
Pazzword JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #45
hseriesaccord
Newcomer

thanks. I was planning on doing that too. Hopefully I can get the build going during this wintrr time. And get it tuned after winter. Don't worry I still do have a bunch of friends that's willin to drive me anywhere most of the time. Specially since I've done it for them while they were bulding there engines. My friend just got done rebuilding his 2.0 liter ls-vtec turboed eg. I was driving him around everywhere while that was going on. And he got a new bigger turbo. He got the garret gt37r. His car was already fast. Now I'm it even faster. Hes one of the people that are going to help me piece together the turbo. He now has a beater car though. So he'l use that too drive me around. Plus I got plenty of other friends. So I should be good for the time being while I'm putting the turbo together.

Last edited by hseriesaccord; 11-23-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #46
robert@bisimoto
CB7tuner Member

robert@bisimoto is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reccakun08 View Post
He is obviously not ready to build his own turbo kit and all you guys are just giving him bs general answers. judging from his post he wants to boost and tune for 8psi which is absolutely retarded. To be honest if you want to turbo it just get a kit since your knowledge seems fairly low. There are a lot of questions you need to ask yourself.

1-Budget: How much are you willing to spend?
2-Power: How much power do you want to make?
3-Motor capability: Currenty condition of motor with the addition of boost?
4-Tune: Although you said you have a good tuner in your area what does he use to tune? what are you planning to use stand alone/piggy back/ecu rom?

A kit is very simple and straight foward usually everything you need and already setup for a user. However they usually are expensive and arent very efficient. When you buy a kit it usually is what it is. When you are custom planning your own you need to know what power, what size turbo and what boost level to be efficient, what manifold are you going to use, what injector size, what are you using to tune, whose installing, can your current motor without a rebuild handle the extra power, etc...

This is a very good point. There are several factors one must consider before boosting.
3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com
robert@bisimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:39 PM   #47
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@bisimoto View Post
This is a very good point. There are several factors one must consider before boosting.
Suggesting that someone buys a pre-made kit, rather than actually learning what all the components do (and therefore deciding what is best for a particular setup) is a good point? Come on, Robert... this is absolutely terrible advice.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:45 PM   #48
h22sparkle
CB7tuner Member

h22sparkle may have said something they shouldn't have...
rev-hard turbokits and peakboost kits do it well
h22sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:51 PM   #49
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Do they even make H22 kits anymore? It seems that the turbo kit options have all but disappeared anymore... it's not like back in the day. All I ever see is cheap Chinese crap that will fall apart.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:53 PM   #50
h22sparkle
CB7tuner Member

h22sparkle may have said something they shouldn't have...
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Do they even make H22 kits anymore? It seems that the turbo kit options have all but disappeared anymore... it's not like back in the day. All I ever see is cheap Chinese crap that will fall apart.
they do since k-series been out the prices have dropped seriously low on the h-kits
h22sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:48 PM   #51
robert@bisimoto
CB7tuner Member

robert@bisimoto is cool... so far.
Quote:
Suggesting that someone buys a pre-made kit, rather than actually learning what all the components do (and therefore deciding what is best for a particular setup) is a good point? Come on, Robert... this is absolutely terrible advice.
Hey Deev, not everyone is a enthusiast like you or I. But there are many individuals that want a turbo kit, and they are not interested in the physics of how pressurized exhaust gases spool a turbo. For many noobs out there want more speed and hp without without the desire to understand it.
3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com
robert@bisimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:17 AM   #52
hseriesaccord
Newcomer

yeah i know what you guys are all saying. im doing my research and gettin help for my build before i build it. i havent found any turbo kits for the cb7. so i probably will piece one together. and i was thinking going peakboost. thats probably one of my top choices for turbo set up parts. i also like there ram horn manifold for the h series. i got to figure out the charge piping set up that im going to get. probably get one custom made. but we'll see how it goes.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:34 AM   #53
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@bisimoto View Post
Hey Deev, not everyone is a enthusiast like you or I. But there are many individuals that want a turbo kit, and they are not interested in the physics of how pressurized exhaust gases spool a turbo. For many noobs out there want more speed and hp without without the desire to understand it.
When boosting an engine that isn't supposed to be boosted, such as a 20 year old F22... it's best not to install something that you don't fully understand. Especially since half of the kits on the market today are made up of very low quality parts. A failed wastegate will result in overboosting. A turbo that falls apart will destroy an engine. A blow off valve that doesn't work correctly will result in a damaged turbo.

If you're not willing to learn about the modifications that you are doing to your motor, then you shouldn't be doing the modifications.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #54
hseriesaccord
Newcomer

yeah i know what you mean. thats why im trying to do my research now. so i can start my build in winter. i got some good help with me, in my friends, and im doing a lot of research on the computer.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:12 AM   #55
mozzandherb
I like turtles

mozzandherb is cool... so far.
some other things to consider when boosting is your clutch and your brakes.

SOLD!!
Boosted H22
375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS
mozzandherb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:11 AM   #56
sikz6
Contributing Member

sikz6 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to sikz6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hseriesaccord View Post
well from searching for a turbo kit and what. i figured id go with the garrett T3/TO4E turbocharger 60a/r turbo with the peakboost ramhorn style manifold. still trying to figure out what ecu to use. but id figure a chipped p28 tuned on crome pro like the one guy said. but i thought i prolly go with that before he even said it. but also depends on the tuner as others have stated. im thinking of maybe 300hp and a budget of no more then 4k if possible. but if not im willing to throw a little more cash at it.specially if it goes into making my car run safer. my motor is still pretty fresh. i bought the motorswap from hmotors and have put maybe 15-20k miles on since i bought it. car runs excellent as of now. but i want more power out of my motor. i was thinking going all motor and its still an option. was thinking to build a 250hp na h22 but i want boost. we'll just have to see how it goes for looking for turbo parts.
t3/t4 is a good choice, i would choose AFI over peakboost but if the ramhorn is what you really want go with peakboost. I personally know one of the welders at AFI (who is their main mani welder) and he is one of the best around, so thats why i say AFI but its your money/choice. eagle rods will do for what you are wanting, you'll also want to go with upgrades on fuel pump, injectors, etc but i'm sure you're aware of that.

here are some welds by my guy at AFI

sikz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:27 AM   #57
sikz6
Contributing Member

sikz6 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to sikz6
here is the AFI mani, but like i said if you gotta have that ramhorn go peakboost, but for the extra $1 lol i think its worth it. AFI 900 PB 899

http://www.afiturbo.com/store/produc...?products_id=6
sikz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:43 AM   #58
HappyGilmore
AKA Gillymomo

HappyGilmore seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to HappyGilmore Send a message via MSN to HappyGilmore Send a message via Yahoo to HappyGilmore Send a message via Skype™ to HappyGilmore
Is there a link to help better understand this turbo stuff, I do have a general idea but of course like people no two motors are alike but have many similarities. I would like a better understanding as well, as I am giving thought to boosting my H as well, I figure I will build up to it slowly but surely. I am still kinda on the fence between boost and all motor. I like the information put out here helped me get a step closer to what i was looking for.

IMO: I would like a boosted K any day tho lol
Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
92 LX Coupe F22A1
2013 Toyota Corolla S
92 EX Sedan F22A1
Quote:
Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)
HappyGilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #59
CB7 Sleeper
The Solution

CB7 Sleeper seems to have made some friends!
kits are cheap, read up on everything before making a move. an understanding of turbos and how they work is necessary when doing a build on a motor thats not boosted from the factory and is as old as yours.
CB7 Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:43 AM   #60
hseriesaccord
Newcomer

man. i gotta admit. thats a really nice manifold. i cant lie on that one. thanks for letting me know. but now i gotta make a choice on a manifold. lol. and i know im doing a lot of research. i know about the little upgrades that i need to do. like you stated about the more fuel and better clutches and what not. i plan on doing that too. but im still doing my research and ill figure out what i want to do and ill let you know. and thanks on the manifold again. that thing is very sexy

Tags
h22 , noob , turbo , turbo kit

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: