Car wont start or go into Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car wont start or go into Park

Hey guys just got a great deal on a pretty decent auto cb9 and it wont shift into park so im going to try and replace the cable and see if that works and it wont turn on. Do you guys think because i cant put it in park that it wont start it cranks right over but no start. I havent had a chance to look at it but i should be hopefully have it running this weekend. Any ideas will definitely help me figure out what im looking at! Thanks !

Make sure the battery even works. Put it in neutral and try that way.

If not, do the basics. Spark, fuel, main relay, etc.

Comment

We put the battery from a friends car in so lol yes it works. And thats how i got it to crank, was in neutral. Are there any fuses i need to check out before i start digging into it?

Comment

Like F22Chris said, start with the basics. You sure you have fuel? Do you hear the fuel pump run for two seconds when first turning the key to the "ON" position? If not, likely the main relay. Sure the cam/distributor is rotating (broken timing belt?)? Have spark?

Let me know if you need a shifter or cable.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

So last night i tried some starting fluid and it runs! But i have a major leak from behind the rear driver side tire. Ill have to look at it sometime today. But would that cause low fuel pressure and cause it not to start? And ill look today fleetwood if i need a cable it shifts into the gear stiffly and wont go into park it might just need adjusted tho? I appreciate all the help!

Comment

Well you know it's fuel related. is there even fuel in the tank?

Comment

Lol I was wondering the same thing its not as low as my sedan goes on the gauge but its on e so im going to put gas in it after i fix whatever leak it has. But i dont understand how that would keep it from running

Comment

If you have a major leak at the left rear tire, either the supply or return line has probably rusted through near the connections between the lines from the tank and the lines that go to the front of the car. If it is the supply line, you may not have sufficient pressure at the rail to correctly operate the engine. Unfortunately, the lines are a single piece from front to back and it is a pain to replace (if you could find one). Many repair it with fuel hose. You'll have to get under there, remove the cover, and assess the damage.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                X