Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my 1/2 inch impact gun is on its way out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my 1/2 inch impact gun is on its way out!

Hey my 1/2 inch cordless ryobi impact gun is going bad. The battery is fully charged but its the motor I believe that has me thinking its on its way out. So what should my replacement be?

I've always been a fan of dewalt myself. My friend has a dewalt impact gun, and it has worked wonders over the years. Not too expensive either.

Comment

I have used the dewalt cordless and it is a fine impact gun. The Milwaukee cordless tools are excellent tools as well that i have used with great success. The Hitachi brands of cordless tools are the unsung heros of cordless tool and my personal favorites, and when i finally kill my old ryobi's that will most likely be what i replace my tools with.
      CB7TUNER.com
      Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Which model do you have. Because my ryobi tends to do its job then literally stop then I got to put the battery out then put it back in again. Im not sure if its a battery or a gun problem.

Comment

Ingersoll Rand

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            Ingersoll Rand
            Another recommendation for ingersoll rand.

The IR W7150 is the strongest cordless impact gun I've ever owned. My friend borrowed it to remove the crank pulley bolt on his M3 after his cordless snap on impact gun failed to do so. I've also used it many times to remove the crank pulley bolt on the 2jz engine.

Comment

whats the model number aswell as the torque specs on each one. My old ryobi which is on its way out has 280 tq.

Comment

buy another ryobi unless your ready for big leagues. otherwise its a waste of money.

i have one of these:
                https://www.amazon.com/Ingersoll-W71.../dp/B007LHJI4E

780ftlbs reverse/1100ftlbs driving

best cordless impact, period.
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe View Post
                  Another recommendation for ingersoll rand.

The IR W7150 is the strongest cordless impact gun I've ever owned. My friend borrowed it to remove the crank pulley bolt on his M3 after his cordless snap on impact gun failed to do so. I've also used it many times to remove the crank pulley bolt on the 2jz engine.
                  IR W7150 is the one to get
                  http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                    IR W7150 is the one to get
                    droool.... so want to buy this. But I think it would get used twice a year

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                      droool.... so want to buy this. But I think it would get used twice a year
                      You can use it for anything. Wheel lugs, oil drain bolt, valve cover bolts...find an excuse to use it lol.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I use mine every time I work on a car.

Down side to this impact, if you are fighting a bolt that is stuck, one of two things is going to happen. The bolt will come loose, or it will snap.

Snapping bolts sucks.
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Also, make sure you grab the BL2022 battery if you come across one for cheap. It should give you a little more umph.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I have a Milwaukee m18 Fuel half inch and that thing is fantastic. It can take out crank pulley bolts at the junkyard. It has two torque settings and the 4ah batteries charge in 15 minutes or less. It's a little on the pricey side but I promise you won't regret the investment.

Comment

Working...
                            X