X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well spoken Deev. We glorify it so much I think because of the thrill it gives us. Im not exactly young like most of the folks here on the site. Take it to the track or play the NFS series on you all PS2 and 3's if you have that HEAVY foot. Just be safe out there guys !!!!!!
    accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
    ....................My New Baby
    SOLD TO
    ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      Because we are men and street racing makes our pee pee go hard second to women lol.
      THIS IS TRUE ^^^^^^^^
      I'll ellaborate why, it is because since the dawn of man, we generally like to be on edge and be the best at whatever it is we are doing, we dont like failure and have a hard time accepting it, having a fire in a pit is good, but a BON FIRE is Awesome. Look at drifting. It started way back in tha day in Japan, where they did it on mountain passes that they usually were familiar with, even though their cars may have malfunctioned or there maybe some animal on the road, water, oil spilled etc. (Initial D for the win!) But they still did/do it. And even in the sixties they were racing on the streets to see who was the fastest and badest! The only difference between then and now is the risk of uncontrollable factors is larger, IE there are alot more urbanizatin of people now then back then. But at the same time the cars, well most of them, are way more responsive and alot of the people behind the wheel are more inclined about this. Again once you tear down a car a few times you will have the knowledge of how it works! There are alot of people that buy a car cause of its performance from factory but have no idea of how it does this. Turbochargers, superchargers, nitrous and all have the purpose of making power. We dont need them, but we do crave them, just like a rollercoaster or skydiving its just the thrills we seek from them! How boring would our lives be if we didnt have these thrills!?
      We want to be the fastest or the cleanist or the best at something it in our nature! It all relates to the quote earlier! Who has the biggest pee pee! LOL
      Last edited by westsideaccord; 04-10-2007, 11:01 AM.

WaC!

Comment

One missed point on modified cars

Aside from the Hippocratic police/people ticketing and complaining about tuned imports, the fact of the matter is most modifications done on this forum actually make driving safer. A tuned car is a good car!!! Not just breaks, lowering, and 4-5 point harnesses but increased hp/tq also. When we are faced with an "unfortunate" situation a highly tuned car has four options left, right, stop, or the one that most people forget about FORWARD!!!.

Just as a side note i mention this because earlier this summer an idiot decided to go straight in a turn only lane and my only options were to speed up and get in front of him, or stop (get rear ended), go left (into his car), right (into the car next to me. Obviously i sped up. Unfortunately there was a police officer at the gas station (where the idiot was supposed to turn). You guessed it, i got a speeding ticket for 50 in a 35. What is worse about it is the cop tried to give me an engaging in an illegal speed contest ticket (street racing). By the way the other car was a piecer Kia...
        Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 07-13-2007, 02:15 AM.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7
          Aside from the Hippocratic police/people ticketing and complaining about tuned imports, the fact of the matter is most modifications done on this forum actually make driving safer. A tuned car is a good car!!! Not just breaks, lowering, and 4-5 point harnesses but increased hp/tq also. When we are faced with an "unfortunate" situation a highly tuned car has four options left, right, stop, or the one that most people forget about FORWARD!!!.

Just as a side note i mention this because earlier this summer an idiot decided to go straight in a turn only lane and my only options were to speed up and get in front of him, or stop (get rear ended), go left (into his car), right (into the car next to me. Obviously i sped up. Unfortunately there was a police officer at the gas station (where the idiot was supposed to turn). You guessed it, i got a speeding ticket for 50 in a 35. What is worse about it is the cop tried to give me an engaging in an illegal speed contest ticket (street racing). By the way the other car was a piecer Kia...
          i cant believe you edited that and i can barely read it. hippocratic police???
          and they're called BRAKES.
          The police give you breaks if you dont street race.
          You're vehice is equiped with BRAKES!

back on topic, i think its stupid to read someones story about thier "stoplight" race.. its either a complete lie or it didnt really happen the way they tell it.
          (people giving TL's a run. smh)

if you want to make storys up about how your cars are faster then 95% of the other cars on the road and you want people to believe you, start video taping someshit, get a dash cam, PROVE IT!

I see a thread titled "i beat a TL today" so i open it and its just filled with words, it a pointless read, theres no solid evidence that it even happened.
          by all means you want to go fast do it but do it with some respect for the road and the other people on it!
          Last edited by Dom; 07-13-2007, 03:31 AM.
          .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Originally posted by Dom
            back on topic, i think its stupid to read someones story about thier "stoplight" race.. its either a complete lie or it didnt really happen the way they tell it.
            (people giving TL's a run. smh)

if you want to make storys up about how your cars are faster then 95% of the other cars on the road and you want people to believe you, start video taping someshit, get a dash cam, PROVE IT!

I see a thread titled "i beat a TL today" so i open it and its just filled with words, it a pointless read, theres no solid evidence that it even happened.
            by all means you want to go fast do it but do it with some respect for the road and the other people on it!
            A good portion of the threads in here are honest.
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

I believe the stories. No need to doubt. However, A stoplight race is never official, and you never really know how serious the other person is.

As for modified cars being safer, I agree to an extent. Those that are properly modified ARE safer in a way. However, many modified cars aren't done correctly. People will slap a turbo on an otherwise stock car... leaving the brakes, clutch, tires, etc... totally untouched. The police aren't out to get the good ones, they're out to get the bad ones... sadly, they can't always tell them apart.

I, too, got a speeding ticket for someone else's idiocy. This woman was going extremely slow, so I tried to pass. She sped up, people behind closed the gap, and I had nowhere to go. Left was a ditch. Ahead was a truck coming at me... I floored it, and pulled in front of the woman right before kissing the truck. There was a cop behind that truck. Did he know what happened? No. Did he see me going like 70 in a 45? Yes. He probably would've let me off, but I was stupid and admitted to speeding. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                I, too, got a speeding ticket for someone else's idiocy. This woman was going extremely slow, so I tried to pass. She sped up, people behind closed the gap, and I had nowhere to go. Left was a ditch. Ahead was a truck coming at me... I floored it, and pulled in front of the woman right before kissing the truck. There was a cop behind that truck. Did he know what happened? No. Did he see me going like 70 in a 45? Yes. He probably would've let me off, but I was stupid and admitted to speeding. Oh well.
                LOL that sucks!

jdmCITY.com

Comment

Yeah, sure did! The cop was nice and gave me a small ticket though... fought it and got no points. If I hadn't opened my mouth, I probably would've gotten a warning.

Comment

Never Admit Guilt lol when being pulled over that is!
                    1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
                    -Nava

Comment

Haha I got pulled over for hittin vtak...Well I was retarded and this was after the rangers game and droppin my dad off to get his car. Well it was around 11-12 ish and no one was on this road for some apparent reason but I saw quite a bit of cops driving around. I was in the area and after I saw two pass lil did I know there was one sitting at the other intersection lol. I just slowly went in first then took off and shut down on the top of second (this was with my old F trans) I saw a pair of headlights catching up I was like shit (knowing its a cop) Cop just scanned my data chit chatted for a while and let me off with a warning. Cool cop and I got lucky.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Damn Ive Had My Fair Share Of Tickets For Speeding. But I Got The Worst One Like A Yr Ago. Me And 2 Other Cars Hauling Ass From 151 To Splashtown @ 125mph. Got To My Apt To Find A Chopper Had Been Following Us And Like 5 Cop Cars Surrounded Us (it Was So Dumb) Got The Whole Racing Lecture ... Tickets And I Went To Jail While The Other 2 Fkers Didnt. We Got Off Pretty Easy. I Went To Jail Only Caus Eof Priors But Ehhh .. Never Again.

Comment

i aint sayin nothin b/c my tags are on my members ride. lmao.

ill be replacing those pics soon tho

Comment

HAHA .... YEA WELL THAT WAS WHEN I HAD MY 03 CIVIC ... I MISS MY CAR!

Comment

I've got warnings but not ticketes yet only for speeding. I get verbal warnings for enjoying myself sometimes...sneaky garland cops. They are cool though haha since I do it sometimes around 2am or so when there is no one on the road.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

why didnt you keep it?

ill tell the truth. ive done a few(quite a few. lol) stop light encounters. but lately i havent seen anyone pull up next to me tryin 2 race me. i dont know why. its like when im looking for it dont no one want to do anything. but as soon as i want to just cruise everyone in the world sees my car dropped they want to run me. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X