X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^nice find

Comment

just to update this on what ive found about doing this:

it IS possible to remove the abs, lines and all, with the intake manifold installed. its a little harder but i think its better than removing it and having to replace gaskets. start to finish it took 6 hours for me to do it alone.

On the issue with the master cylinder having a different size rear fitting, i went to autozone and bought an adapter for m12-m10 and used that instead of cutting and reflaring the line. so far it seems to work well.
      COUPE K24

Comment

sounds good got a parts wagon getting ready to go to the scrapper. im going to grab the brake components, master cyl & booster and some other under the hood things. so i can do this swap and have larger rotors up front. my abs never worked when i got the car. the box was missing in the back something about moisture rot from hole's in the wheel wells. i have no fuses in the abs box. car stops very good

Comment

Damn. Taking all the old stuff out was a bleeeeeep and a half. That was probably the worst task I ever had to do on this car. I pray the installation of all the new stuff slides into place smoothly like bleeeep in wet bleeeeeeep. Nevertheless, my ABS system is fully removed. It was a ton of weight too.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
            reup.

has anybody done this using an adapter for m10 to m12 for the lines? instead of cutting and reflaring?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/buy...t-788-522.html
            Am using one so far so good!

Comment

Is the abs control module in the same area in the wagon as a coupe or sedan. I'm doing the this weekend on the red wagon since the tranny is out.

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
              Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

Which brake line adapter do I really need?? I got the one mentioned above and won't work at all....part number from autozone??

Comment

What is the part number for the problem valve out of the integra? Does it have to ba a non abs car?

Comment

i've been thinking of doing this to my CB but looks like too much work. besides our cars, IMO, have the "simple" ABS (if that makes sense) which i can deal with lol
                    FRIENDS
                    DONT LET
                    FRIENDS
                    ROLL ON
                    ROTA'S

Comment

I'll be attempting this tonight as my engine is outta the wagon. Wish me luck

8 Accords so far:
                      '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                      '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                      (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
                        I'll be attempting this tonight as my engine is outta the wagon. Wish me luck
                        A little late, but good luck.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Currently in the process of doing this, What did you guys do with the wire harnesses?

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Cut it out.

Actually, I think mine is still in the vehicle.
                            Last edited by Straight Success; 03-23-2015, 06:31 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
                              Currently in the process of doing this, What did you guys do with the wire harnesses?
                              Anything with orange plugs is ABS as far as I could figure out. I took out most of the abs wiring except for a few pieces I had trouble tracing back so they're just cut and I'll get to them later.

Comment

So pull the main wire harness unloom it and pull them out.

Thanks guys!

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                                1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                                1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                                2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Working...
                                X