Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brainstorming: Cheap, easy, preservable food made with a ton of healthy ingredients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
    Would it be pre-grilled or post grilled?

What does it actually taste like ... don't say chicken.
    Pre-grilled. Everyone likes their gloop cooked differently. I prefer mine medium rare, with a cool slimy center.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      That would be awesome! I wonder if the kids would be identical clones of me... since the DNA would be mine and mine alone...
      If I sprouted girl parts and someone told me to go fuck myself... I would. I'd do it right there. Just drop trow and do the deed for all to see. Because I could. They may be horrified, disgusted, or downright jealous. Regardless, it'll make a lasting impression!

My gloop pie still has 2-3 servings left over. I've eaten at least 3 servings of it already. Grilled some up last night. I gotta finish it before I leave for Florida on Friday!
      uh, wow that just happened... \/ \/

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Now that is signature worthy... I'm putting it in the deev quotes thread!

Comment

More than a year old, and I immediately thought of this thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent..._substitute%29

It's supposed to be released this month (I think)

Here too:
          https://campaign.soylent.me/soylent-free-your-body

You can preorder it. I might go ahead and do that.
          MRT
          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
          Originally posted by Tippey764
          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
          Originally posted by deevergote
          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Bringing this thread back from the dead.

I believe I may have found you the answer to cheap, easy, preservable food made with a ton of healthy ingredients.

http://www.soylent.me/

Its a complete meal system that you drink, basically everything the body needs (like the Matrix).

Here is the inventor being interviewed in the Colbert Report

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/video.../rob-rhinehart

I've been contemplating on doing this during work days where I have very little time to eat or do anything, especially when I'm traveling.

Ninja EDIT: Did not read the last post. lol
            1993 Accord EX
            2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Yeah, Geoff has been pushing Soylent for a while now!

I'm hoping to do something solid, though. Liquid "food" doesn't satisfy me, even if it provides everything that I need.
              That's the general idea that I'm going for, though.

As I keep telling my girlfriend, I want to make the healthiest dog biscuits possible (I also want them to be tasty enough to eat... but not so tasty that I want to snack on them randomly!)

I also just bought a new oven. Less than a week ago. I've gone without an oven since 12/03/2012 (the day I tried to bake my gloop.) Maybe it's time to give it another try!

Comment

I can't picture anything like you're describing having a good taste lol.

How about frozen soylent

I cook pretty much every day and I bring food into work. However, my days aren't planned and a lot of times I find myself not being able to have my lunch.

I'm thinking about giving this a try on those days. I can't see myself living entirely on that.
                1993 Accord EX
                2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Being on the road all day every day (except today...) makes it difficult to carry food that needs refrigeration. A little cooler works, but it can be a hassle. Sometimes my cold food still gets warm in a cooler by the time I get to it!
                  Being in the car all day means no bathroom... and some places don't have many convenient options (like Paterson or Jersey City... or believe it or not, the mountainous areas... woods everywhere, but no shoulder to pull over on!) Liquid lunch can be a problem!

Having a dry, easily stored, easily transported lump of filling nutrition appeals to me. Apparently, it's not something people on the internet often talk about...

Comment

Sounds like you need to invest heavily in Cliff bars and Power bars. I wouldn't say its cheap but a new oven aint cheap either!
                    visit vgruk

Comment

Already bought the new oven.

As for those glorified overpriced candy bars... ick!

Comment

Those power bars taste like cardboard and sugar. And most of them are chocolate which I hate.
                        1993 Accord EX
                        2011 Subaru STi

Comment

My vision is essentially this:

And yes... that is a homemade dog treat
                          Might be more cake-like than I plan, though. I'm thinking something dense and crunchy. Crunchy is good, because it takes longer to eat.

Comment

i would start with a granola bar base
                            visit vgruk

Comment

Granola is extremely high in fat. Something I'm trying to avoid (because it goes straight to my tits.)

Comment

i was suprised to see that apparently there are DIY versions of both Soylent and Clif bars. Unless you are making it in bulk, I wonder if preparation may even be more work than normal cooking? I have a climber friend who used to do the homemade Clif stuff and ended up just buying massive bulk boxes of the official stuff.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                                Current cars:
                                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                                X