Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Automatic Seat Belt Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Seat Belt Failure

Hey, CB7 fam! I need everyone and anyone's help on my '91 Accord coupe Ex. My automatic seat belt stopped reclining back and I actually want to replace it. Does anyone know where I could get one besides a junkyard and Honda dealer ship? Thank you for time if you are reading this post.

Thanks,

keV

Hmm welcome to the forums Jamaican Kevin . What I would probably do is force it back and just leave it there + unplug the black box under the passenger seat or....in the US I believe there's a lifetime warranty on their seatbelt's.

Comment

My brothers old cb7s auto belts got stuck and he had to pay $$$$ to fix it, in mine, they work fine, so i decided that before they **** up, i took out the 2 20A fuses under the hood ( L passive motor & R passive motor), so they stay in the resting position, the dash warning light will always be on unless both driver and passenger are clipped in, so i took out the cluster and removed the bulb, i still get the anoying beep but i plan on removing the piezo speaker from the computer under the passenger seat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Additionally, it makes me feel good to call someone a cunt if they don't say "thank you".

So no matter what, I win. Selfish reasons.

Comment

I was told by a Honda tech that they had a life time warranty, and a friend of mine just utilized that warranty when his stopped retracting... Some places will honor that still.

Comment

GXZ unplugging that black box under the passenger seat will rid of the beep at-least it did for me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1990 View Post
            GXZ unplugging that black box under the passenger seat will rid of the beep at-least it did for me lol.
            Lol, i gotta admit i knew that, but i very badly want to open it up and DESTROY that little piezo speaker!!!! Lol

I recently removed the little black box above the interior fuse box ( MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS BTW) just for the purpose of removing its piezo that makes the door chime/headlight reminder (CAREFUL WITH THIS, I DIDNT CLICK IT ALL THE WAY BACK IN AND MY WINDOWS AND REAR DEFROSTER DIDNT WORK, LUCKILY I JUST PRESSED IN ON IT AND IT SEATED FULLY AND WORKED)
            Additionally, it makes me feel good to call someone a cunt if they don't say "thank you".

Comment

Ok so today i removed the passenger seat, and removed the seat belt computer, its a metal box , and to open it, you have to bend back the knurled over edges of the underside that keep the lid from coming off , once i did that, i took a pair pf needle nose vice grip pliers and pulled the black piezo speaker off the circuit board, and no more beeping when the shoulder belt isnt clipped in!

Comment

Originally posted by CB7NWDD View Post
                I was told by a Honda tech that they had a life time warranty, and a friend of mine just utilized that warranty when his stopped retracting... Some places will honor that still.
                Honda has a lifetime of car warranty involving the seatbelts

Go to the dealer and they will fix it under warranty, do not let them try to bullshit you or even outright lie

Google the info and print it out before you go so that they know that you know
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

See, I knew there was some truth to that (after all they fixed it for free)

If I were the op I would skip all the fixes and let a dealer bang his head against the wall trying to fix your 22+ year old car, just this one time.

Comment

Automatic Seat Belt

Thank you to those who replied to the Automatic Seat Belt cry out lol. Honda Critics say parts from a 4dr is interchangeable with my coupe so I'm just goin to swap out the retracting motor of the drive side seat belt. Honda says they only warranty is the seat belt buckles not the whole automatic assembly which dirty is mon.

Comment

Those things were the worst automotive idea in my lifetime.

Comment

First go to Honda and see if the electronic seat belts are covered under the lifetime warranty but if they are not i know you can disable the system by unplugging it. If memory serves, the wires to unplug are under the passenger seat but it could be the driver seat. Once, disabled you can manually move the seat belt to closed the closed position on the track. I did this on my 1990 Accord after we replaced a damaged door with a newer door off a 1993 Accord(no auto seatbelt system, so no sensor in door). The downside is you have to manually clip in the shoulder belt now. or just get used to having it in the way when you open the door

Comment

The Honda dealer will NOT cover the motorized portion of the belt, only the lap belt portion.

Since its an electronic related item, its considered a wear item and they'll charge you about an hour of labor to clean and lube the contacts, which is what probably failed on yours.

I brought my 91 LX coupe in with a failed D/S motorized portion and they tried charging me 120 to fix it. I had to bitch and complain before they agreed to lower it to 60. They fixed the lap belt portion but failed to tell me that the electronic top shoulder belt wasn't covered. So beware when you walk in and what your sign when agreeing to the work.

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

hello guys, I'd like to swap power belts to my 92 edm. What I need to have?
                            - seat belts with automatic belt retractors
                            - belts with pillar slides
                            - belt warning control unit
                            what else?

Comment

Working...
                            X