Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Next mod, coming soon:
      Flyin' Miata frame reinforcement rails. Apparently this is the BEST chassis stiffening mod you can do to the Miata. (I wonder if something like this could benefit the CB7...)

Not my car. Not my garage. Unfortunately!

They're pretty cheap, too! A "butterfly brace" can be added between the rails for additional stiffening, though I may not go that far. It doubles the cost, and it might not clear my stock exhaust.

Comment

LED backup lights. Now I can see where I'm going, even through my foggy plastic window! More importantly, people will definitely be able to see me (this thing can hide behind a Fiesta.)

Comment

I just added some Garage Star Delrin door bushings. Holy hell did they make a difference! This was such a massive upgrade for just $40, and my original bushings were still in fantastic shape. I'm truly impressed!

Comment

You have some dirt on there sir.

Comment

Not sure what those do but they look purty.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

They keep the doors from flipping around too much. Convertibles are crap when it comes to chassis rigidity. Every little bit helps!

And yeah, gonna clean it up tomorrow.

Comment

Frame rails are on! Between those and the door bushings, the car feels SO solid. Miatas are known to shake pretty violently at about 65mph... and this stuff fixed it. There's still some minor shimmying, but it's tolerable. Chances are good that an alignment may fix the small remaining shimmy.
                  If not, there's at least one more part that I could install that would fix it.

After getting the frame rails on, I put the top up... and cracked the plastic window (it was pliable in the heat when I put the top down, and got stiff and brittle as it cooled down...)
                  SO, I'll be ordering a new Robbins OEM style vinyl top (cheaper than canvas, and possibly better for my climate and the way I use the top.)

Once I have the top on, the only thing the car really needs to be "perfect" is a paint job.

Comment

I think you had a separate thread for paint colour, but I just saw the most amazing silver/Pewter colour and this was your most recent thread about your Miata.

As I mentioned in your colour thread I'm not a fan of silver, but this silver really caught my eye. I actually walked over cause I just had to try and dip my fingers into the paint it was so deep. It was a 2017 Lexus NX 200t in Atomic Silver. It was amazing...I am actually thinking about maybe painting my GS400 that colour now. This colour looks amazing on a car with sharp curves and contrasts. Not so sure if it will pop as much on the more subtle body style of the Miata?
                    Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-21-2017, 11:34 AM.
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I'll keep an eye out for it! There are a few of those in my area.

Comment

It has the look of one of those pearl colour change paints. Some people don't like how it is dark on one side of the body line and light on the other. I really love how those colours contrast in the light and this silver is the first I have seen do that with some depth.

My wife's soul red Mazda Speed 3 is just like that. At times it can look like the panels are two or three different shades of pearl red. I love it!
                        Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-21-2017, 12:20 PM.
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

ive driven this car before the upgrades and its a blast to drive. we need to get together soon once it warms up.
                          Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                          Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Definitely! I can't believe it's been nearly 2 years already!

The first thing I'm doing when it gets warm enough is putting the new top on it. Might paint it, too.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post

Relevant.
                              That is hilarious!

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Nice Miata Deev! I like the older pop up headlight 1s, so fun to drive. Werid as hell you can't pump your own fuel.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X