Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is this TCU in good condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this TCU in good condition

I don't think it is but please some input would help
    here is where it looks black or fried out

and some other closer and different angled pictures

Originally posted by deevergote
    Calling your USDM Accord "JDM" is like calling President Obama "African".

yea that looks like crap. might have gotten wet.

mine got soaked and looked like that all over it back in the day

Comment

yeah that's bad.

Comment

Classic sign of a leaking cap.
        I'd say it's rubbish, Even if it's not - It won't be long before it is.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe View Post
          yea that looks like crap. might have gotten wet.

mine got soaked and looked like that all over it back in the day
          water...? really i'm not sure how it may have gotten in there if it did

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
          Classic sign of a leaking cap.
          I'd say it's rubbish, Even if it's not - It won't be long before it is.
          What Cap...? where is it located i think i'l have to buy another TCU very soon but i don't want this to happened again

Comment

Originally posted by ambientwater View Post
            water...? really i'm not sure how it may have gotten in there if it did

What Cap...? where is it located i think i'l have to buy another TCU very soon but i don't want this to happened again
            It is most definitely bad. I had two bad ones that looked just like that. Cap is short for capacitor, which is the large cylindrical object that has leaked all over the board.
            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

hanks for he info another bad thing i just found out from Honda is that, that TCU is only compatible with 90 CB's that are Auto of course and only LX/DX not EX's

and some more crazy stuff is that i just put back hat TCU in my CB and its shifting fine again i really think its just this cold weather cuz i kept it in th house for a good hour

Comment

Hahaha..

That puppy is toast.. Those two resistors sitting side by side, the one on the left is black and gray..it should be the same as the one on the right.

Not as bad as one of my Ebay finds though.

Comment

^ they also have a bad smell too. if you have a leak in the floor board, if you cant track it down, wrap the tcu with a bag. lol , i seen my pop do that before and it worked.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

The interesting thing is?

Both of the boards pictured above have the exact same numbers printed on them as does my burnt up board. Look at the lower right, it's:

SPU6098-4263PI
                    EAT X4J/A-B

The TCU I bought to replace mine had a different number and a different manufacturer... and the board is laid out differently.

The only reason I'm saying anything is that if it was just a long run of bad boards it might be easier to avoid getting another one if anyone knows what to look out for.

So far I'm just guessing, but I've kinda been watching and it looks like the bad boards are all the same manufacturer...

But I'm sure someone else would have figured it out a long time ago if that were the case..

Comment

Is it possible to re-solder them and have everything be alright?
                      MRT
                      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                      Originally posted by Tippey764
                      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                        if you clean it with some rubbing alcohol and see that the circuity is still in tack then yes it can be repaired...just from the looks of that...that one is gone..get another from the junkyard and call it a day
                        New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
                        tsx retrofit
                        f22b dohc boosted
                        custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                          I tried it with mine. I bought all new caps and some resistors from Mouser, cleaned the board up and replaced the components.

It lasted about 2 hours before the main IC got hot enough to start cooking the board underneath it.

Parts + shipping from Mouser was $11, used TCU + shipping from Ebay was only $18.

Comment

Thatll buff out for sure. lol JK. Its shot.

Comment

Working...
                            X