Superbowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
    The people who think the Pats are hated because they "win too much" are out of touch with the point.

I won't speak for others, but I don't like them because of things they have done in the past. Specifically, my decision was made during their "perfect season" when they broadcast well ahead of time that they were going to crush the Dolphin's record and go all the way, only to lose in an embarrassing (and quite frankly deserved) Super Bowl upset.

It made the choice for me for one very simple reason. A lot of people busted their asses to achieve things and it is arrogant and disrespectful to overstate your position and diminish the value and magnitude of the accomplishments of others. Pride goeth before the fall as they say.

Don Shula summed it up best: "If the Patriots win the Super Bowl and break our record, I will be the first to congratulate them. But until they have, they haven't."

I don't have anything specific against Brady and I respect him for standing up for his daughter the other day but they, IMO, are a lot like the Cowboys and so are many of their fans.

I am Steelers fan at heart and always have been, so I don't exactly have anything to be ashamed of when it comes to team legacies.
    Scott..it was 11 years ago.

Steelers arent exactly saints either and I've disliked Tomlin ever since he tried to trip Jacoby Jones during the Steelers vs Ravens game back in the 2015 season and it was caught on video. And then when your team dropped Harrison this season and he signed with NE a lot of angry fans when hard on him even going as far to insult him on a personal level, when it was HIS team that cut him.

Ask Mike Mitchell how that worked out for him too btw when he came out stating "We can play them in hell, we can play them in Haiti, we can play them in New England. … We’re gonna win.”

Now hes proabably sitting at his house watching the game where his team should have been.

If Rothlisberger put in the time and effort to study himself which Tom Brady literally does then yeah you'd have a better outcome.

IMO , the biggest downfall is time management which is where Belichick and Brady manage to exell at and other teams can't and you've seen the come back from last year and the game against the Seahawks.

I'm a fan of NE and have been since 6th grade but don't generalize that statement where all fans are a like.

Same thing could be said about Eagles fans but unfortunately because of a few bad apples it ruins it for everyone else.

Last I knew Pats fans aren't about throwing full beer cans at opposing team fans.
    Last edited by HenRoc; 02-04-2018, 11:34 AM.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Most Eagles fans are obnoxious. That’s a simple fact. And I’m an Eagles fan myself.
      They’re loud, and express themselves monosyllabically. My wife went outside with the dog today, and a neighbor we never speak to shouted “BIRDS!” at her.

Comment

I'm laughing at the poll results!

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't really give a rip about sports.
        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Most Eagles fans are obnoxious. That’s a simple fact. And I’m an Eagles fan myself.
          They’re loud, and express themselves monosyllabically. My wife went outside with the dog today, and a neighbor we never speak to shouted “BIRDS!” at her.

Pats fans have their share too I wont deny that. But being that Im a Pats fan we're spoiled, but when they loose I don't loose my mind and start breaking stuff..it's not in me to do that. If they loose I won't sweat it but I think it's cool that they're both tied for the W/L record for the season.

As for the big game I'll admit:

I'm nervous if you want me to be completely honest. You should have seen me during the Jags game..I was in panic mode.

With that said..may the best team win.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
            Scott..it was 11 years ago.

Steelers arent exactly saints either and I've disliked Tomlin ever since he tried to trip Jacoby Jones during the Steelers vs Ravens game back in the 2015 season and it was caught on video. And then when your team dropped Harrison this season and he signed with NE a lot of angry fans when hard on him even going as far to insult him on a personal level, when it was HIS team that cut him.

Ask Mike Mitchell how that worked out for him too btw when he came out stating "We can play them in hell, we can play them in Haiti, we can play them in New England. … We’re gonna win.”

Now hes proabably sitting at his house watching the game where his team should have been.

If Rothlisberger put in the time and effort to study himself which Tom Brady literally does then yeah you'd have a better outcome.

IMO , the biggest downfall is time management which is where Belichick and Brady manage to exell at and other teams can't and you've seen the come back from last year and the game against the Seahawks.

I'm a fan of NE and have been since 6th grade but don't generalize that statement where all fans are a like.

Same thing could be said about Eagles fans but unfortunately because of a few bad apples it ruins it for everyone else.

Last I knew Pats fans aren't about throwing full beer cans at opposing team fans.
            Don't care. And I am not sitting here telling people what saints the Steelers are or how everybody who doesn't like them is butthurt.

You are.

I don't care if you like the Steelers, think they are saints, think everybody is butt hurt or what.

Brady and the Pats lost my respect in that moment and they have not earned it back yet. At least since then, Brady has kept his mouth shut and delivered, so he working his way back there.

The other reason, aside from Brady, is that Pats fans are just like Cowboys fans and I don't like either of them. There are other teams that have legacies, are good and deserve to be rooted for as well. The number of Pats fans who have literally commented something like "Well who do YOU root for?" when told I am not a Pats fan is actually quite astonishing, as though there is no other team worth rooting for. Same conversation I used to have in Texas when Texans found out I wasn't a Cowboys fan. They were beside themselves that anybody could possibly root for any other team. To make it worse, they were condescending in their comments until I told them who I rooted for (the team that at this moment STILL has the most Super Bowl victories).

Also, the arrogance is pervasive amongst the fans. I had friends who were Pats fans last year that started claiming shit like we'll have six Super Bowls next year, baby. Going back to the Dolphin's legacy: If they win 6 Super Bowls, then they will have Six Super Bowl titles. Not a moment before. Which is why I hope the Eagles pull out a win today, though I am not expecting it.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Don't care. And I am not sitting here telling people what saints the Steelers are or how everybody who doesn't like them is butthurt.

You are.

I don't care if you like the Steelers, think they are saints, think everybody is butt hurt or what.

Brady and the Pats lost my respect in that moment and they have not earned it back yet. At least since then, Brady has kept his mouth shut and delivered, so he working his way back there.

The other reason, aside from Brady, is that Pats fans are just like Cowboys fans and I don't like either of them. There are other teams that have legacies, are good and deserve to be rooted for as well. The number of Pats fans who have literally commented something like "Well who do YOU root for?" when told I am not a Pats fan is actually quite astonishing, as though there is no other team worth rooting for. Same conversation I used to have in Texas when Texans found out I wasn't a Cowboys fan. They were beside themselves that anybody could possibly root for any other team. To make it worse, they were condescending in their comments until I told them who I rooted for (the team that at this moment STILL has the most Super Bowl victories).

Also, the arrogance is pervasive amongst the fans. I had friends who were Pats fans last year that started claiming shit like we'll have six Super Bowls next year, baby. Going back to the Dolphin's legacy: If they win 6 Super Bowls, then they will have Six Super Bowl titles. Not a moment before. Which is why I hope the Eagles pull out a win today, though I am not expecting it.
              Well sounds like someones been harboring a grudge for the past 7 years. They paid their due and the records speak for themselves. I mean if you want to talk butt hurt..7 years is a long time there buddy.

I could care less if you root for another team I won't hold it against you if youre a fan of a rival team but if you're going to try and call out the Pats fans for being arrogant I know plenty of other team fans who also talk trash so don't hold your breath on that one.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              Legend FSM

Comment

You are.

P.S. What you are doing right now is EXACTLY why I hate the Patriots and their fans.

Not only are you trying to tell me why I should like the Pats by trying to explain away why I don't, but then you are simultaneously attempting to tell me why I shouldn't like the team that I do by attempting to tear them down by pointing at bad behavior to justify bad behavior as though I must automatically forgive the Steelers behavior in order to be a fan...

Believe it or not, I have liked the Steelers for 30 years and there is a ZERO percent chance you are going to change my mind.

But you also notice how I said I didn't really care for the Eagles, and NONE of the Eagles fans made a stink about it? That's exactly why I am rooting for them.

For me, it goes in this order:

Steelers

Falcons

Dolphins

Anybody but the Patriots or Cowboys.

Comment

P.S. What you are doing right now is EXACTLY why I hate the Patriots and their fans.

Not only are you trying to tell me why I should like the Pats by trying to explain away why I don't, but then you are simultaneously attempting to tell me why I shouldn't like the team that I do by attempting to tear them down by pointing at bad behavior to justify bad behavior as though I must automatically forgive the Steelers behavior in order to be a fan...

Believe it or not, I have liked the Steelers for 30 years and there is a ZERO percent chance you are going to change my mind.

But you also notice how I said I didn't really care for the Eagles, and NONE of the Eagles fans made a stink about it? That's exactly why I am rooting for them.

For me, it goes in this order:

Steelers

Falcons

Dolphins

Anybody but the Patriots or Cowboys.
                  I forget how opinionated you can be. But also cant read.

I basically said any other team has bad apples. I didnt come out and say Hey Scott be a Pats fan...did I?

I stated Steelers have bad apples just as much as the Pats do and if youre going to call fans arrogant there are plenty of examples ive seen and ecountered that goes for ANY team.

Lol calm down Scott. Its not the end of the world.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  Legend FSM

Comment

I basically said any other team has bad apples. I didnt come out and say Hey Scott be a Pats fan...did I?

I stated Steelers have bad apples just as much as the Pats do and if youre going to call fans arrogant there are plenty of examples ive seen and ecountered that goes for ANY team.

Recruit me!
                    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Deev! Time to party hard!! That was a good game. Decided to watch the the 2nd and 4th quarter. Glad I did.

Also Scott I fixed your order for you:

Steelers

Falcons

Dolphins

And anyone who beats the Pats.
                      Last edited by Grumpys93; 02-04-2018, 11:30 PM.
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Yes! They deserve the win!

Comment

Man, I guarantee half my company will be out with a case of the Green Flu tomorrow. Hopefully my neighbors stop setting off fireworks and chanting E-A-G-L-E-S!!! so I can get some sleep!
                          I was over my friend’s house watching. He bailed as soon as the game ended, heading to the city to party.

First super bowl win ever. Only their second appearance. They lost the first time, when I was 10 months old. My dad used to say “the eagles went to the super bowl, and you didn’t care, because you were a baby”. I wish he was still around to see this now!

Comment

I can read just fine. I just CHOSE not to read beyond the post where you tried to justify that the Steelers were bad too.

It's really simple.

If and when they achieve something, THEN they can take credit for it. It diminishes and disrespects the massive achievments of others when they do that shit, and I will NOT respect it. Don't care if you like it or not.

When Pats fans can stop with the "you just wanted them to lose because your team sucks" bullshit, maybe they won't get so much shit. And yes, I literally had someone tell me that today...

But as of right now, the Steelers are the only team with 6 Super Bowl championships, so I am certainly not pissing on them because my team sucks. I just hate the stink of arrogance.

As for shitty Steelers fans, I am sure they do. But when they lost the playoffs, you know what I saw?

Stuff like "way to blow it Steelers, hope we do better next year." I have TONS of friends that are Steelers fans, as well as family and I have NEVER heard any of them talk about how they won before they did, or how they were just going to smash a record because it was no big deal. I haven't heard them smash another fan's team because theirs lost. On the other hand, it is incessant from my large group of friends who are Pats fans. Just like Cowboy fans. At least the Pats don't suck like the Cowboys do.
                            Last edited by owequitit; 02-05-2018, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                              Deev! Time to party hard!! That was a good game. Decided to watch the the 2nd and 4th quarter. Glad I did.

Also Scott I fixed your order for you:

Steelers

Falcons

Dolphins

And anyone who beats the Pats.
                              Thanks.

Comment

Late to the party, but

That was a great fucking game.

As someone who does not regularly watch football(didn't even watch superbowl last year lol), the Eagles looked like they belonged there. The Patriots looked out of touch. They kept up, and made a comeback, but some of their calls were off and they had some sloppy plays.

Half of my co workers are Eagles fans since I work in South Jersey, so I was rooting for the Eagles but also because I, too, can't stand the Patriots lol. Doesn't mean they haven't earned what they have, but Im from NY, so definitely not with the Pats. Would not normally root for Philly either, but I always back the underdog, which is probably why I am a Mets fan lmao.

Comment

Working...
                                X