Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i clean Intake manifold by removing Plenum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
    Sometimes they had two different suppliers for various parts. For those two, you could probably take a chance on reusing them since they aren't rubber and get significantly compressed upon installation (like the valve cover gasket). Worst case is you have to take it apart again. You could also put a very thin layer of gasket sealer on both sides, but that may make it messy if you ever have to take it apart again.
    Gaskets are nothing like new. Just looked that way and more hope on my side then anything. They were brittle and stuck to plate. Ordered 2 to replace. Now just have to clean the gasket off with gasket remover. Am thinking of cleaning my fuel injectors also but don't want to create more problems.

Comment

Clean the injectors by adding some Techron or Sea Foam to the tank.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Clean the injectors by adding some Techron or Sea Foam to the tank.
        Gotcha, will try that first. Am now trying to get those two gaskets off. The first that is on the butterfly plate came off easily soaking it in water. The one on the car am putting wet rags on top of it and will wait till tomorrow to see if it will come off easily or not. Anyone ever done this before as soaking the first in water isn't the same as putting wet rags around it. Or is it?

Comment

Get an old fashioned straight razor blade; I think once you get an edge lifted the rest will come off easier.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Get an old fashioned straight razor blade; I think once you get an edge lifted the rest will come off easier.
            Am a little scared of shimming the aluminum but will try that after i let it soak for a day.

Comment

All good. Soaked the one on car in wet rags for 3 days intermittently changing rags and spending a few minutes trying to lift off of it and it came off like a thing of beauty today. All in one piece. My shop vac with my small attachments easily reached in the runners and got everything out and found that headless screw in one of the passages. Anyone in future soak it in water if u have the time and don't use any gasket remover beforehand. Only use gasket remover for what small pieces didn't come up. The gasket on the car took alot less time than the one i took off and did in my house.

Comment

Working...
              X