CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Old 05-23-2017, 03:22 PM   #121
apalileo
Gold Member

apalileo is cool... so far.
Thanks for sharing that list of items. I've actually saved that exact exhaust setup in my amazon wish list (with a CARB compliant direct fit cat which is more expensive).

Keep up this kind of attention and it'll defnitely surpass another 100K.

apalileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:40 PM   #122
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRON View Post
What's funny about this car, is you're replacing most of the stuff I have replaced on mine. (or am in the process of replacing)

Also, great choice on exhaust. I have a friend that has it on his sedan, it sounds really nice. It's deep sounding, and not excessively loud. He's had it on his car for at least a couple years, not a single problem.
I figured it wasn't too expensive considering the price of a complete replacement factory exhaust system. And a little power increase over the A1 will be nice too. Not to mention longevity, quality and no leaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apalileo View Post
Thanks for sharing that list of items. I've actually saved that exact exhaust setup in my amazon wish list (with a CARB compliant direct fit cat which is more expensive).

Keep up this kind of attention and it'll defnitely surpass another 100K.
Of course. And that's what I'm shooting for!

John 15:18 "If the world hates you, know that it hated me first."
H311RA151N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:47 PM   #123
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
I'm in the process of setting the valve lash. But it started sprinkling on me. Waiting for it to clear up weather wise. Put the VC back on until it does. Worse case scenario I finish it tomorrow.

Also working with the heat shield for the alternator as can be seen. It's been rattling a bit sometimes or I suspect it of doing so anyhow. Probably caused when I changed the alternator about 8 or so months back.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:09 PM   #124
H311RA151N
Silver Member

I resealed the OEM valve cover gasket that was on it and sealed it back up with four spots of Hondabond in the appropriate locations.

I found out that the lower tube seals are starting to seep. Not to be unexpected at 186k.

The issue is... I don't have a torque wrench. So... I'm in the market for a torque wrench.

I have the lower tube seals. They came with the Fel Pro gasket set. I think I'm going to opt for OEM though.

And because I have to replace the lower tube seals there is no need to set the valve lash. That's why I buttoned it back up.

I want a really nice digital torque wrench. My budget is about $150.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: