Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New Old Member from the NorthEast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
    Yikes, hope you had a dash cam, that could be an insurance fraud they are trying to pull on you.

It's likely too far, but Car World in Candia, NH is having a 50% off sale all month. I was there last weekend but didn't scope out the Honda section, was pulling some parts for my truck. I may brave the cold and go back tomorrow for some pieces I need.
    It's a little too far of a drive for me this month, but I'm going to a yard here in Vermont today that I know has a Vigor but I've picked it pretty clean. I might grab the front bumper but I might be able to fix mine. Either way, keep an eye out for Vigors for me please!
    The guy who backed into me was very apologetic and gave me all his info and had no problems with me calling the cops. He admitted to the cop that he was at fault and there was no damage to his truck (he hit me with his tow hitch). I'm considerably lucky in today's world. I could've very well been taken advantage of, but this guy was honest and he clearly didn't want to create more problems for me.

I was going to install my new sprayers today but noticed that the nipples on the odyssey sprayers point towards the windshield and the nipples on the Vigor point towards the passenger fender. So today I cut the nipples off the odyssey sprayers and turned them 90 degrees and epoxied them back on. Now I can install them without having to buy new sprayer hoses and it'll look oem.

CC2 Vigor.

Comment

Rubber booties installed. I ripped the passenger side but I will grab another one at the yard today.

CC2 Vigor.

Comment

Well thats good! Recently my gf and I had a couple close calls in ONE night we went out. First one some guy in a late model Wrangler pulls out in front of us from a entrance only drive at Lowes, it's entrance only because there's zero visibility of oncoming traffic. Luckily my gf has good reaction time and all 4 brakes on her 95 Accord did their job. She's been wanting a dash cam so I figure it's time to get her one so I ordered one of Valentine's day, shhh it's a surprise. It's a good idea incase the other driver is a douche or a scam artist, that way there's no question who's at fault.

I'll keep an eye out! Pretty hard to come by these days, last time I saw one was years ago. Anything in particular you are looking for?
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
          Well thats good! Recently my gf and I had a couple close calls in ONE night we went out. First one some guy in a late model Wrangler pulls out in front of us from a entrance only drive at Lowes, it's entrance only because there's zero visibility of oncoming traffic. Luckily my gf has good reaction time and all 4 brakes on her 95 Accord did their job. She's been wanting a dash cam so I figure it's time to get her one so I ordered one of Valentine's day, shhh it's a surprise. It's a good idea incase the other driver is a douche or a scam artist, that way there's no question who's at fault.

I'll keep an eye out! Pretty hard to come by these days, last time I saw one was years ago. Anything in particular you are looking for?
          Honestly I don't even know if there's anything I "need". I just like having spare parts. Obviously I need a mint front bumper. I'd be intrigued by an OEM spoiler, but I'm undecided if I actually want one. Tail lights and front bumper lights I am always on the lookout for (if they are in great shape).

I'm thinking a dash cam is becoming a better and better investment.
          CC2 Vigor.

Comment

Picked up some mint condition gold "V I G O R" emblems. Still looking for a gold "H" emblem for the front and back. I figured I need the front 'H' from a 98-02 Accord coupe, so if anyone knows where I can order a gold one, let me know. I can't seem to find them online anywhere.
            I'm not too picky about what the rear "H" came off as long as it's gold and the style of the 'H' is correct for 1994.

The picture makes them look bad, but the marks on the gold are just reflections. No scratches.

CC2 Vigor.

Comment

02-17-2016 Update

Every single day since I've owned this car, I've checked eBay and Craigslist countrywide for the JDM headlights. I've even gone as far as to email people selling their Vigors with the JDM headlights installed to see if they would want to sell just the headlights. Yeah, I'm that annoying guy on craigslist...You got to do what you got to do.
              Anyway, today my persistence has paid off. I found a guy in New Hampshire selling the JDM Vigor headlights individually on eBay. One is in rough shape, but luckily all the good parts are the parts I need for my "rough" headlight that I have in my living room. The other one looks pretty good. I am still waiting for the one in New Zealand, but hey it's always nice to have extra stuff. Buy it when you can.
              I spent a little over $200 for this set, but I think this will be the last set of headlights I will have to buy. I'm fairly excited that I will finally have this checked off my "buy" list.
              You guys with your CB7's think it's hard finding the JDM Accord headlights? heck if I had a CB7, I would've had the chance to buy more than just a couple sets of JDM lights by now... these Vigors are quite the challenge and it's kind of becoming a fun project.

Anyway, that's my update for today. Someone chime in, I'm getting lonely in here.
              CC2 Vigor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                See, this is why I have stuck around this forum and not let the non-sense that is the Facebook group bring me down!
                x2,

The facebook page is full of neebies that look like this...

And dont even drive accords, just POS like this...

the whole FB page needs to be cleansed of those people.

anyhow, welcome dude

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I think any large Honda group tends to be filled with what the internet has deemed "F*ckbois". Not because all Honda drivers are Dbags, but because the majority of them are. The good few always ween themselves out because they don't have the patience for people like that. So far this forum has been pretty decent. I used to be on ClubRSX, you want to talk about internet dbags, keyboard warriors, f*ckbois, bros... that site will make you cringe. It's where car enthusiasts go to die.

Thank you for the welcome.
                  CC2 Vigor.

Comment

here you dont have to worry about that. the admins are quick to kick them out of the site. this is why youll see a lot of guys who have moved on to other cars, but remain posting here.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I've noticed there is a delightful absence of bullsh*t here. People seem to be very supportive, encouraging, and excited about each others progress, no matter how minimal. It's kind of nice not having someone tell you every day "you don't have the right wheels, f*g. You're not low enough, lololol. That looks stupid, go kill yourself"... This is a very supportive group and I'm glad I came back. I don't have the energy to be negative. This is just an outlet for me, kind of like a journal documentation of my progress so I can keep track of what I've done for my own reference. The constant encouragement is just a bonus because it keeps me focused.
                      Thanks everyone!

The damage to my front bumper kind of discouraged me for a bit, but I am still actively spending money on parts so don't expect me to give up yet. I've been a little focused on other things lately. Warm weather is around the corner which means I will be distracted by my bike, camping, or working on getting my Chrysler to run. I have to focus on my Vigor while it's still cold... I get too relaxed when the sun comes out!

I need a new custom length clutch cable for my Goldwing:

I need to get a new battery for my RV:

And I need to put an oil pump in my Chrysler:

Other than that, all I want to do to my toys are enjoy them during the 3 months of nice weather we have. I don't want to be focused on fixing them.
                      CC2 Vigor.

Comment

wow...Nice goldwing, what year is that?

You've got a very nice collection of toys

Comment

Originally posted by BruceLeroy View Post
                          wow...Nice goldwing, what year is that?

You've got a very nice collection of toys
                          Thanks, the Goldwing is a 1979.

I like junk. Fancy shit and me never got along anyway. My OCD goes into overdrive when I have a brand new car and I can't fully enjoy it. The crappier my toys, the easier it is to have fun.
                          CC2 Vigor.

Comment

I received my headlights in the mail Friday. They look pretty good, obviously they need some work, but nothing too bad. Out of the two I bought on ebay, the one I bought from Dubai, and the one I bought from New Zealand, I should be able to make one PRIME set. I will probably start the process for making one good driver headlight on Thursday and see what I come up with.
                            A buddy of mine also surprised me with a couple gold "H" emblems yesterday. One is too big and the other seems to be the right size, but both are the wrong "style". I don't think it's a big enough difference to bother me, but it'll be good enough until I can find the right style emblem.
                            I listed my warranty muffler on craigslist to see if I can get a couple bucks to buy a resonator and have it welded in to quiet down my exhaust.

CC2 Vigor.

Comment

We had some flooding here on Thursday which didn't get too out of control, but it was enough to cause a slight problem for me.
                              Down the road from me we had about 10 inches of water covering the road. The state crew put up a "high water" sign almost directly before the puddle's edge, so I had to slam on my brakes from 50 mph... which wasn't enough to stop me from barreling into the water. I've been in high water before with my old CB9 and never had any issues, but I hit the water with enough force to cause an issue with my Vigor.
                              Immediately after hitting the water, my car ran very poorly. It was chugging and misfiring and ultimately died when I pulled over. My immediate reaction was to pop the hood and check the intake for signs of water, but luckily the intake was dry. That's when the confusion sunk in.... how did my car act like I sucked up water if I didn't actually suck in any water? So I got it started up and drove it back to the house (less than a mile). I pulled all the spark plugs out and turned it over to see if somehow I did suck in any water, but I didn't see any signs of water in the engine. I did my best to look for any signs of water, but nothing. I started the car up and let it idle for some time and when I checked it again, the check engine light was on, so I checked the codes. I got a code for the O2 sensor. My guess is I must've hit the water hard enough to possibly loosen a wire on the O2 sensor? Either that or water got into the exhaust and fouled up the sensor? I'm stumped. I cleared the code and have driven a total of about 70 miles and the light has not come back on, but the car runs a little odd, and keeps chugging at low RPM's. I noticed it got a tad better with every few miles, and it's improved greatly since the initial problem. At this point I'm just going to pretend nothing happened, as it seems to be running ok and there are no more codes.
                              Aside from that, the car is doing great.

Today I tore apart the other driver side headlight and started wet sanding and buffing the lens. I'm going to use all the good parts from each driver headlight to make one good one, and so far everything is going good. I probably should have taken pictures of the sanding process before and after to show just how much blemish correcting I had to do, but it's not all that fun to see so I'm just going to wait til it's done and post before and after shots of the finished process.

I also visited my buddy at his body shop to talk about my options for my bumper so I can work on getting that fixed. I have a quote of just over $500 from the insurance adjuster and he thinks that should be fine. Now I just need to find a good used front bumper. I have a couple options but I'm not sure how good of condition they are in so it's going to be a process for me. My buddy said that fixing my bumper is almost completely out of the question because it puckered the plastic pretty bad and there's no way he would be able to fix it without racking up a ton of labor hours and he's still not convinced it would meet my standards. He's a very honest dude, which is a great quality to have these days.

That's all I have for today.
                              CC2 Vigor.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermonter View Post
                                And I need to put an oil pump in my Chrysler:

What year is that ? Is there a build thread on it?

Comment

Working...
                                X