Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lower timing belt plate and bolt tensioner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lower timing belt plate and bolt tensioner.

Doing my TB, the lower bolt that holds the plate with spring closer to the firewall is strip. It appears that its being held just by the spring, I can pull out the blot without turning it. Can I just void the plate, bolt and spring? Don't want to come off and mangle my TB.
    Thanks

I think its called the auto tensioner.

Comment

That's a tough one for me, I just did my timing belt a couple years ago and can't tell which bolt you are talking about. Is this an h22? Do you have a pic?
      ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Now I'm starting to remember. I think you could void that stuff. You might have to keep tension on the spring and get the belt tension set at the same time then remove it all. I think that the spring keeps that thing lined up during tensioning.
        ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Its the F23A1, its off. I think it will tension the lower small belt when you give it gas. At cold start in the morning its starts hard and idles rough for less than a minute. Can I manually tension it up and just tight the heck out of the bolt. My spring, plate arm and bolt are off the vehicle for the time being.

Comment

Working...
          X