No announcement yet.

no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose this is all post game quarterbacking. I wonder if one or more valves were sticking (not real likely) after sitting such that you weren't getting good compression on each cylinder (starter will sound weird if there is no compression); the piston hitting the valve might close it without doing any damage. If the check valve in the fuel pump leaks, it would also may have allowed the system to drain so it took a little while to get fuel to the rail. Holding the throttle open may also have allowed it to breath better when trying to start it (it is amazing that the engine idle on the little bit of air that gets by the idle screw when the throttle plate is closed).

Sounds like the battery cranked the engine over well enough; I say relay. Get a another one (new or used). If used, take the cover off and check for cracking of the solder joints - resolder them if you find cracks. Install that one, then check the one that is currently in the car the same way. I've mounted mine lower under the dash so that it is easier to get to.
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-26-2018, 10:00 PM.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Yeah man very well could be. I’m just shooting shit as to why I think it’s the battery. The car started so that’s all that matters right?

I wish there was an app we could use responsibly for troubleshooting help. Something kind of like FaceTime/Skype for forum members only. I know that’d be abused to no end and nobody would do it as there’s no incentive.

Maybe the OP can take apart his main relay and send us pictures of the board. I still think it’s necessary for owners to keep an extra known good relay in the glovebox.

Edit: Emosun, next time you go to Harbor Freight get one of those free cheapo multimeters with the coupon. Something is better than nothing.

Comment

Working...
      X