This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No vtec Oil Presure Sensor for me

I Have a 97 Honda accord Sir H22a ,that unlike the picture bellow it doesn't have the Vtec oil Pressure Sensor .

My question is,Can anyone tell me how do i wire that up?i've search but came up with nothing .
    I would appreciate the Help .
    THANKS
    Last edited by MR.PHIL; 07-16-2007, 11:52 PM.

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

Originally posted by MR.PHIL
      I Have a 97 Honda accord Sir H22a ,that unlike the picture bellow it doesn't have the Vtec oil Pressure Sensor .

My question is,Can anyone tell me how do i wire that up?i've search but came up with nothing .
      I would appreciate the Help .
      THANKS
      If you don't have the sensor then there is nothing to wire up. Just wire in the Vtec solonoid, chip your OBD-1 ECU and program the rom to ignore the Vtec oil pressure sensor so that Vtec will work and you won't get a CEL.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
        If you don't have the sensor then there is nothing to wire up. Just wire in the Vtec solonoid, chip your OBD-1 ECU and program the rom to ignore the Vtec oil pressure sensor so that Vtec will work and you won't get a CEL.
        thanks bro,but i already use an other one that has the oil pressure sensor and i ran the wires ( I'm assuming (still ok )

Comment

^^That will be fine.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

thanks bro,but i already use an other one that has the oil pressure sensor and i ran the wires ( I'm assuming (still ok )

yea that happenend to me to mine didnt have one etheir I mine just had a screw in the location where its supposed to be

I just ended up getting a pressure switch I havent put it on but you should be just fine

Comment

So you mean you have a Vtec engine in your car now and the pressure sensor is all wired up?

Well just leaving the plug there unconnected should be ok, you just have to program the rom to ignore that input and it'll work with no CEL.

If you have an OBD-1 H22A Vtec solonoid with pressure sensor I see no reason why you couldn't swap that aseembly for the OBD-2 one. Just get a new gasket/filter/striener and you'll be good to go.

Comment

So you mean you have a Vtec engine in your car now and the pressure sensor is all wired up?

Well just leaving the plug there unconnected should be ok, you just have to program the rom to ignore that input and it'll work with no CEL.

If you have an OBD-1 H22A Vtec solonoid with pressure sensor I see no reason why you couldn't swap that aseembly for the OBD-2 one. Just get a new gasket/filter/striener and you'll be good to go.
                here's The thing,Mrx has already Chipped the p28 for me ,now he's back in J-ville
                so i had to do something.

Comment

here's The thing,Mrx has already Chipped the p28 for me ,now he's back in J-ville
                  so i had to do something.
                  So you're trying to resolve this without making any changes to the rom???

Comment

So you're trying to resolve this without making any changes to the rom???
                    no buddy,ecu was chip before the swap

Comment

quick question,what if the pin slot already has a wire in it? do i remove it or just tap into it.
                      for example (Pin A17 is not empty ,should i just tap on it?

Comment

quick question,what if the pin slot already has a wire in it? do i remove it or just tap into it.
                        for example (Pin A17 is not empty ,should i just tap on it?
                        That means it's in use... you're trying to connect the IAB's I take it, doesn't the EX/SE have IAB's on it's intake already? Just use the wire already in your engine harness if that's the case, no need to run extra wires if the factory did it for you.

Comment

That means it's in use... you're trying to connect the IAB's I take it, doesn't the EX/SE have IAB's on it's intake already? Just use the wire already in your engine harness if that's the case, no need to run extra wires if the factory did it for you.
                          ok,
                          But there's one more thing and i know i'm not the only one with this problem.
                          my h22 came with the Map Sensor on top of the TB

I have the pigtails and everything for the sensor.

My question is: is there any wiring Diagram that i can use to wire the h22 Map Sensor To the stock CB Map sensor Wires?

I know most people just leave it as is,but i'm just trying to do this right.

Thanks for any input

Comment

ok,
                            But there's one more thing and i know i'm not the only one with this problem.
                            my h22 came with the Map Sensor on top of the TB

I have the pigtails and everything for the sensor.

My question is: is there any wiring Diagram that i can use to wire the h22 Map Sensor To the stock CB Map sensor Wires?

I know most people just leave it as is,but i'm just trying to do this right.

Thanks for any input
                            The M.A.P. sensor has three wires, the wire colors have stayed pretty consistant throughout Honda's vehicles.

If I remember correctly in our cars the colors are:

White/Blue: This wire is signal to ECU pin D17 (Other common color is White/Yellow or Red/Green) (MAP)
                            Blue/White: This wire is Ground to ECU pin D21 (Other common color is Green/White) (SG1)
                            Red/White: The wire is 5v Positive to ECU pin D19 (Other common color is Yellow/White or Yellow/Red) (VCC1)

Hopefully that will help you out somewhat. I'm sorry but I don't have a 5th Gen Lude service manual. If I did I could give you the exact colors.

Good Luck.

Comment

The M.A.P. sensor has three wires, the wire colors have stayed pretty consistant throughout Honda's vehicles.

If I remember correctly in our cars the colors are:

White/Blue: This wire is signal to ECU pin D17 (Other common color is White/Yellow or Red/Green) (MAP)
                              Blue/White: This wire is Ground to ECU pin D21 (Other common color is Green/White) (SG1)
                              Red/White: The wire is 5v Positive to ECU pin D19 (Other common color is Yellow/White or Yellow/Red) (VCC1)

Hopefully that will help you out somewhat. I'm sorry but I don't have a 5th Gen Lude service manual. If I did I could give you the exact colors.

Good Luck.
                              thanks for the help bro,but Ronald_type-R had already figured it out

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...3&page=2&pp=20

Comment

Originally posted by accordhyper
                                hey bustedlx ,
                                I did the jdm h22a swap in auto lx accord 4th gen. THe shift lock part of the guide does not work. I tap in to the green and white wire to the tcu. I still can;t shift. Maybe i did it wrong. Can you be more specific. thanks
                                Same Problem here,i also tapped it in the GREEN/WHITE wire to pin A7,and it still not shifting .
                                ANY UPDATES GUYS ?

Comment

Working...
                                X