Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brake bleeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake bleeding

Is it possible to do it without an motor in the car?
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Yes.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I dont see whey not. If you had an engine in your car, it would be off during the procedure anyways.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

yes bro.
        AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
        JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

i just replaced my brake master and had to bleed all four lines out, and i found it way easier to do it with the car on and running since its power assisted. correct me if im wrong, i gotta re bleed again cuz i may still have air in my lines

Comment

Originally posted by 91hondaaccordlx View Post
            i just replaced my brake master and had to bleed all four lines out, and i found it way easier to do it with the car on and running since its power assisted. correct me if im wrong, i gotta re bleed again cuz i may still have air in my lines
            Bleeding should be done with the engine Off not On.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

This might help. Don't know if yours has ABS or not but its in that link as well.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...o/4213448.html

I think the order is

1) Right Rear (passenger side)
              2) Left Read
              3) Front Right
              4) Front Left

Please Correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by searscatalog View Post
                This might help. Don't know if yours has ABS or not but its in that link as well.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...o/4213448.html

I think the order is

1) Right Rear (passenger side)
                2) Left Read
                3) Front Right
                4) Front Left

Please Correct me if I am wrong.
                that's really the order to get the old stuff out with the lowest potential for mixing new and old...like if you bled the front first, when you bled the rear it would pull old fluid and you be left with old fluid in the lines...that's the theory anyway.

For abs it's a little more tricky, you can't just pull fluid through it as some parts are sealed with the car off and even on. I know the newer cars electrically run the pump (right when the key is turned on) so the engine isn't needed, just the battery power. However i've never worked on an abs system before 97 ...and I've only bled the brakes on one abs car...so I can't say for sure man.
                ____

Comment

Thanx guy's I wasn't sure
                  NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                  DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Yes it is, I actually did this not to long ago to my friends lude when we were building his motor and doing a caliper replacement.
                    How hard do you have to squeeze a baby to make baby oil?
                    H23 motor-H22 trans
                    Advance Auto Parts Retail Parts

Comment

Sorry to thread Jack but generally you're not suppose to mix reg dot 3 with synthetic dot 3 right?

Comment

Working...
                      X