Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Headlights aren't working and blinker acting funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlights aren't working and blinker acting funny

Ok so the other morning I turn my lights on and drive the sun was coming up so I couldn't tell if they lit or not. I'm driving and use the right signal to exit and it's blinking fast. As I exit I turn left and use my signal. It blinks normal speed but I notice the right arrow still lit on my dash. Not blinking but lit.

I checked my headlight bulbs and they looked good. Swapped them anyway since I had some already. Hi beams work also. Whatever is going on with my right blinker is doing the same in the rear. My corners also act funny now, one lights and one doesn't depending I'd the lights are on or I signal.

Reading up it kinda sounds like a ground issue but I have no idea and no idea where to even begin looking. Any ideas or helpful info you can send my way would be great! Thx guys.
    91 ex sedan
    And now, new for 2012, a 93 ex wagon!

Paypal verified
    Bought from: frootloops, 90accords, Agol
    sold to: Agol

When I had a similar problem on a friend's car, it was a loose ground on the driver's side in the engine bay. Kind of near the ps fluid resorvior beside where the 3 AC relay/diodes are bolted on (2 circular cap looking things and 1 square thing bolted on to one bracket). He had the same symptoms as you but also the wiper would not turn off after switching it on.

Comment

the abnormal blinker speed would most likely be a bad bulb, ive had that happen once an i just replaced both bulbs (to be safe) an it went away, as far as the headlights, maybe your switch to turn your lights on? had that happen with an old bronco 2, hope this helps

Comment

Ok so my switch works, the dash lights up and dims as normal and when I switch the headlights on the right blinker stays lit almost seems like the right blinker is getting the voltage from the headlights?
        91 ex sedan

Paypal verified

Comment

I would most definetly check all of your grounds related to your lighting.

I had a similar issue on my 89 B2200. My headlights/tailights worked fine, but my signals went all crazy. I'd flick on my left signal and my 4 ways would blink back and forth like a railroad crossing, and when I stepped on the brakes my reverse lights would light up.

Cleaned up the grounds and solved my issues.

Start with the obvious fixes first!

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post

I had a similar issue on my 89 B2200. My headlights/tailights worked fine, but my signals went all crazy. I'd flick on my left signal and my 4 ways would blink back and forth like a railroad crossing, and when I stepped on the brakes my reverse lights would light up.

Ok cool, any idea where the grounds related to lighting are cuz I have no clue.
            91 ex sedan

Paypal verified

Comment

91 ex sedan

Paypal verified

Comment

Originally posted by sdhardcoregamer View Post
                right blinker stays lit a
                Could be the switch.... You can take it apart and clean the contacts or replace it...

On my accord when the right blinker stayed on it was the brown box on the cabin fuse box ( I forget what Honda called it but most manufactures call it the bcm /body control module)

Do your wiper work in the int position

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                  Could be the switch.... You can take it apart and clean the contacts or replace it...

On my accord when the right blinker stayed on it was the brown box on the cabin fuse box ( I forget what Honda called it but most manufactures call it the bcm /body control module)

Do your wiper work in the int position
                  Yes they do. No other issues really other then the right blinker and headlights.
                  91 ex sedan

Paypal verified

Comment

Take your turn signals out and follow the wires, and clean any obvious looking grounds you find.

They're just going to be a black wire bolted to the body somewhere.

Comment

Take your turn signals out and follow the wires, and clean any obvious looking grounds you find.

They're just going to be a black wire bolted to the body somewhere.
                      Um I need the ground for my headlights tho not blinkers. The problem is with my headlights and it's effecting my right blinker. Also I don't have all my tools and room to take a bunch of stuff apart. My apts are small and manager is strict.

I tried just a visual look and it looked like the headlight wires go to a harness so I have no clue where to look for the headlight ground. That's what I want right now. Headlight ground location so I can figure this problem out. I want to look at the #1 suspect and go from there.
                      91 ex sedan

Paypal verified

Comment

id get on google or somethin an look for wiring diagrams or pics of the grounds, if ya dont get it fixed im replacing my headlights for JDMs an ill try an find the grounds

Comment

Originally posted by sdhardcoregamer View Post

Originally posted by YK86 View Post
                          When I had a similar problem on a friend's car, it was a loose ground on the driver's side in the engine bay. Kind of near the ps fluid resorvior beside where the 3 AC relay/diodes are bolted on (2 circular cap looking things and 1 square thing bolted on to one bracket). He had the same symptoms as you but also the wiper would not turn off after switching it on.
                          That's the first ground I'd start with. There's also the 2 grounds, one by the driver's kick panel and one by the passenger kick panel.
                          Last edited by YK86; 05-23-2011, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Ive had this problem before. I got to playing around when putting my foglights in and unbolted the grounds for the headlights, which is also the ground for the one side of the turnsignals.

This ground is located next to the battery. Looks like a dental floss container. Has multiple black wires coming from it. I would unbolt this, clean up all the metal contacts, and bolt it back on tight.
                            PSN
                            Vash744

MRT 1992 EX Coupe "The Jerk"
                            2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium Hatchback
                            2008 Honda Fit Sport (Totaled out - Death by fallen tree)
                            1993 CB7 Sedan LX (Totaled out)
                            1991 CB7 Sedan EX (Dead and Junked)

Comment

Working...
                            X